xᴠ

Author's note ✎-  Hey everyone, I'm back bitches <3 I'm working hard on writing the next arc but since I only have 7-8 weeks of school left,  Luckily I have a good idea now of what I want to do with the second arc so hopefully I won't take as big of a hiatus like last time. 

I just want to say thank you all so so so so so much for the love and support! It means so much to me that so many of you guys love this story and that it brings you guys so much happiness. It's all I ever wanted so once again thank you and enjoy :D 

(Y/n)'s POV

I felt the cool water rinse away the suds I scrubbed on my face. I look back up at my dripping reflection, patting it dry with a soft warm towel. Oh look at me taking care of myself, that's better than most days. I breathed in the faint fragrance that the soap had left on my skin, making me smile. Today was a rest day. A day to take it easy and do absolutely nothing. A day- my train of thought was immediately halted when a gentle knock was at the door.

"(Y/n) we need to talk," Lucy's voice subdued by the wooden barrier. I open the door swiftly and finish up my morning routine.

"Is it good or bad news?"

"I'm not sure, all I know is that Adaline wants to see us." We headed to her study where Edmund and Adaline were waiting.

"Alright we're all here, what's the issue?" Edmund pulled a chair up, sitting with his legs swung around and resting his arms on top of the backrest.

"This morning I was approached by one of my advisors asking about Simon and what would we tell the public. I realized that we hadn't discussed our cover-up story. Since I didn't have much of a choice, I came up with one on the spot."

It had hit us that we hadn't thought about this crucial part of our preparations. I guess we forgot that Simon's whereabouts were something that the kingdom cared for. Oops.

"So what did you tell them?"

"I said that Simon was sick and in quarantine so he couldn't have visitors. The story goes: when you guys found him out in the woods, he was ill and wasn't doing too well. Being out in the cold after that storm, alone and without food. Once he was brought home, we decided to check him over for any injuries. He's currently dealing with some memory loss and pretty weak as well."

"You made that all up just now? Wow, you should be a writer," Lucy exclaimed. Adaline smiled bashfully.

"Thank you, Luce, anyways what do you think?"

"Well as the subject for the cover-up," Simon said playfully, "I think it's full proof, nice thinking."

After refining the smaller details, we came up with the best cover story. I mean we weren't completely lying- Simon wasn't in the best shape.

"Alright, thank you guys," Adaline got out of her seat and headed for the door, "I'm going to go organize an official statement, you're free to leave if you wish."

She then excused herself and left the study. We stood there for a little, unsure what we should do next. Suddenly, a thought hit me.

"Hey guys, what about the guards, what will the Narnian knights do? Are they going back to Cair Paravel once we land?"

"I don't know, I mean I guess so?" Edmund cocked his head as he started thinking. "Should we bring them?"

"Yeah, I mean why not?" Lucy said.

"I don't know I think bringing them along will do more harm than good, I mean think about it," I started, "what's happening with Simon is a secret. If people find out about the other Simon, they'll freak out. Having a bunch of guards walking around will bring attention to us and that's not what we need. I know it's their job to protect us but I don't think it's a good idea."