BODY13.

Jodecy Devry|Tootie.

              "OKAY, thank you

"OKAY, thank you." I spoke into my phone with a contractor.

"Man Jode, get outta here with that." Ameer mumbled from beside me still asleep.

"Shut up big baby, I'm done." I said. "It's 12, get up."

"No." he said.

"Yes, I made breakfast." I said. "It's probably cold now."

"No." I laughed.

"Okay Ameer." I said deciding to just let him sleep. "I'm going to get in the shower."

"Where you finna go?" he asked me with his eyes still closed.

"To be a hood rat with my hood rat friends." I said grabbing my towels.

"Stop playing with me." he said.

"It's true, I'm going to check on the shop then I'm gonna pick up Kenzie and Cara and we're gonna go be rats." I told him.

"You need some money?" he asked me as I cut the shower on.

"That would be nice." I said fixing my bonnet so that my lace don't get wet.

I got in the shower, adjusting the water so that it could be hotter. "Where y'all finna go?"

I shrugged realizing he couldn't see me. "I don't know, I need to go to the mall."

"When you coming home?" he asked me as I turned my face up hearing him pee.

"I'm going to my Papa's tonight so we can go to church tomorrow morning." I told him. "You should come."

"To church?"

"Yes, I think you'll like it." I said rinsing off and lathering again. "I understand if you don't wanna but I'd love it if you came."

Silence filled the bathroom making me think he'd left as I rinsed off again and turned the shower off. How did I wake up extra early and still manage to be running late? I got out the shower seeing him standing there, leaning against the sink.

"What?" I asked wrapping my towel around myself and grabbing my toothbrush.

"I love you." he said making me look at him. "Ain't no girl never tried to get me to go to church before, I love you."

"I love you too." I said smiling. "It's just church."

"I know but still.." he mumbled walking past me and out of the bathroom.

"Well are you gonna come?" I called from the bathroom.

"Yeah I'll come." I smiled nodding my head. "What do I wear?"

"Have you ever been to church stink?" I asked still brushing my teeth.

"Not in a long time." he said.