Bonding -- Hollow Knight

The infection had recently been cleared out, and now the infected bugs were beginning to die off. Hornet, Little Ghost, and the Hollow Knight had taken their places as the rulers of Hallownest, alongside the White Lady.

Hornet was working on rehousing the homeless bugs, and keeping everyone in line. Little Ghost was getting their vessel siblings out of the Abyss. There were thousands, millions even, so some agreed to stay in the Abyss until they could be housed. The oldest of the siblings, Hollow Knight, was working on recruiting citizens to train their weaponry skills under his careful watch.

You were within the first set of bugs chosen. As you sat in the Colosseum with 15 other bugs, the room silenced as the Hollow Knight and Hornet entered.

"Greetings, citizens of Hallownest." The younger sibling greeted, prompting you and a few other bugs to stand and bow.

"That's...not necessary." The Hollow Knight managed to stammer out; he was still getting used to speaking. You and the others stood back up. Hornet and the Hollow Knight walked towards the line of bugs.

"Hollow and I are each going to choose two civilians to test. Should you fail, you will be expelled from the program. Should you pass, you will be assigned a course depending on your skill. I suggest you do your best-- only one of you will be able to train as my brother's apprentice." Hornet spoke, her voice comanding and stern. Hollow didn't say much, only giving a nod in agreement.

-----------------Time skip cuz this is going nowhere-----------

Hollow had chosen you as his apprentice. It was an honor, really. After showing you where you would be staying during your time as his apprentice, he allowed you to rest up for the big day ahead of you.

"Hey, wanna stay? I kinda wanna get to know ya." You invited. Hollow looked uneasy for a moment before nodding and sitting next to you.

"Hollow, right? How'd ya get that name?" You questioned.

"I was a...vessel..for the Radiance and..infec-" He coughed. "-Sorry, and the infection. Still getting used to speech." He pointed out. You giggled.

"It's all good. You're doin' great with your speech!" You complimented, giving a little clap. He chuckled, softly booping your mask.  You squeaked and giggled, reaching up to boop him back. He allowed it, seeming genuinely happy for once.

"Guess I'm not so hollow after all," he joked. Both of you jumped as you heard Hornet's voice.

"You two aren't getting all lovey-dovey in here, are ya?" She snickered. Little Ghost, who was standing next to her, gave a thumbs up. "Hollow, Mom need all three of us. C'mon, you two." Hornet led her siblings out of the room.

"It was ni- nice getting to know you, Y/N!" Hollow said happily, thumping his mask as he walked out. "Stupid stutter..."

-----------------------
A/N: Holy crap, this was over 1,000 words before I cropped it! And most of it wasn't even the one-shot bit!