The Other Apprentice -- Quirrel

You had just been accepted to learn under Monomon the Teacher.
"Far too smart for normal school," your schoolteacher had commented. You were soon to graduate, though Monomon had agreed to teach you during your college years. Today was the day that you would leave home to move into the Teacher's Archives.

Monomon gently guided you through the archives to your dorm, allowing you to unpack before eagerly taking you to a library.

"There is someone I want you to meet!" Her soft voice cheerfully rang out. "Quirrel! I have a new student!" There was no answer. Monomon grumbled. "I can never find him...Quirrel!" She called again.

"Hm-? AH!!" A bug fell from a bookcase a few aisles over. You and Monomon went to investigate. There was a bug buried under a pile of fallen books.

"Found 'em!" Monomon giggled, picking up the books and putting them away before helping up the dazed bug. "Quirrel, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Quirrel, my other apprentice."

Quirrel adjusted the bandanna he wore on his head before looking at you. He gave you a curious expression.

"Quirrel."

"Oh! Sorry. Nice to meet you, Y/N!" He cheerfully said, extending a hand for a handshake. You returned the offer, a soft smile appearing on both of your faces, though his wasn't visible due to his mask.

"I need to speak with Lurien, I'll be back by nightfall." Monomon waved goodbye, leaving you and Quirrel alone.

"Hey, come with me. I wanna show you something..." Quirrel gestured for you to follow him, leading you through a hatch in the ceiling. After he helped you up, you looked around. It was a small, cozy room. There were beanbag chairs, some books, snacks...everything.

"This place was made by previous apprentices, and it's become a hangout spot for us, wether to rest or think, or even to mess around." He plopped into a beanbag chair, picking up a book about an adventurer. "It's become a bit of a tradition to add something to it on your first day. I added that mapping kit over there!" He pointed to a messy desk covered in quills and paper.

You looked around; the room and it's contents were so old, but still in amazing shape! You removed a little figurine from your bag and set it on a shelf, smiling.

"Whatcha reading?" You looked over Quirrel's shoulder.

"It's a book about an adventurer, right now he's running from a boulder!" He didn't look up from the page-- he was too enamoured in the story.

"Well, you have fun with that. I think I'll take a nap." You curled up on the nearby matress and closed your eyes, quickly dozing off. After a few minutes, you felt a warm hand on your head. You assumed it was Quirrel and continued your nap. He softly rubbed your head before leaving the little room.

You knew you were going to love it here.