A Princess's Dreams -- Hornet

"Are you sure you want to see my dreams? They are not for the weak of heart, given the state of Hallownest."

     You were a moth, one of the last of your kind. The rest were dead, save for the Seer, who was raising you. You were currently setting up a pallette for the princess, who had agreed to let you show off your teachings.

     "I'm a moth, Hornet. I can handle anything. Dream or Nightmare." You hardly realized you had refrence Nightmares, the half of the mind you were forbidden to see. The Seer had said something about the two halves of Dreams starting a war between each other, which limited the moths to what they could and could not see. You honestly hadn't paid attention.

    "Alright." Hornet set her needle on the floor, curling up on the pallette. "Try to take advantage and you're dead."

     "I won't." You laughed, holding her wrist-- she didn't allow you to touch her hand, too much intimacy for friends. The only reason you held her at all was to see in her dreams. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep-- she was exhausted.

     You quietly whispered a chant that the Seer had taught you, feeling a light tingle go from your fingertips to your head. You blacked out, quickly waking up in a foggy area.

     You could see Hornet running through the fog, she hadn't her needle with her, and shrieks could be heard in the background.

     "Mom?! Mom where'd you go?!" She called out, fear coating her expression. "Mom!!"

     You snapped awake, you had a headache from your first dream experience. Hornet was quietly whimpering next to you, she had pulled your hand close to her chest...she trusted you that much. You softly held her hand, rubbing her head as you tried to wake her.

     Once you managed to wake her, she attempted to attack you, only to freeze up as you pulled her close.

     "You miss your mom, huh..?"

     "...If you speak of this to anyone, I will personally kill you."

     "Nah. You love me too much."

     "...True." You smiled as you felt h6er curl up in your arms, reaching up and softly feeling your antennae. You laid down, letting her rest her head on your fluff.

     "Love ya, Horn. Platonically."

     "Shut up...I love you too. Platonically. And that was one of my more...tame..dreams."