Traitors to Our Kind -- Traitor Lord

The Queen's Gardens were possibly the most beautiful place you had ever seen in Hallownest. The overgrown plants alongside the worn structures were absolutely beautiful. So there you sat, gazing at your surroundings. After being cast out by the moth tribe, you were willing to let the infection overcome you.

     It wasn't suicide, it was 'embracing the gift the Radience had given Hallownest,' as you had told them. But, as ignorant as they all were, they took it as suicide. Idiots, the lot of them. You glanced at the florescent orange goop that lined the bushes, curiosity scattering across your thoughts.

     'What does it feel like to touch? To taste? Is that the only color or shade of the infection?' You found yourself standing, striding ever so slowly towards the bubbles of infection.

      "One touch couldn't hurt...right?" You wondered aloud as you extended a wing to touch it. You felt a firm claw pull you back, promtping a squeal from you. You attempted to hide in your fluff, only being forced to look into the orange eyes of a mantis. An infected one, at that. The mantis let go of you, moving back slightly, examining you for the need to attack.

      "H-Hello..?" You squeaked out, taking in the mantis's features. Abnormally tall-- and chunky-- body, talon-like claws instead of hands, short legs, and a cloak that was far too small for them.

     "Who are you?" They asked. They clearly had not spoken in a great deal of time; their voice was raspy and broken.

      "Y-Y/N.." You answered, stepping back as the mantis let you go. After closer inspection, you realized who they were. The traitor to the mantis tribe. He seemed to know you were a traitor as well, seeing as how you were so willing to be infected.

     "Y/N...Why did you try to be infected? It causes a great deal of pain, the only good thing that comes out of it is a sense of unity...but you're stripped down to bare instinct alone."

     "The Radiance gave us this infection, and as a moth, I should embrace it." You answered, walking away.

      "Typical moths. Ignorant." You stopped where you stood, rage threatening to spill from your body.

      "There is a safe place from the infection a few rooms down. If you'd like, you can find it and stay there."

      "Thank you-"

      "But. Only if you defeat me in battle. Prove to me you can defend yourself from even the greatest dangers." The Traitor Lord said, readying his claws. You nodded, readying your nail.

      He charged towards you, slashing his claws at any opening he could find. You blocked as much as you could, making sure to strike as much as possible.

      You eventually managed to win the battle, barely sparing the life of the Traitor Lord.

       "Why do you spare me? Why do you forfeit your victory?"

        "..We traitors should defend for one another, not against one another."