A Feirce Friend -- Dryya

"Never seen a game so twee, but there's administration fees, for this little haven we, chiseled from complacency! And we pay it gratefully, slaving every day for the price tag attached to back of our new horizon!"

     You and a few other servants in the White Palace sang as you cleaned. The hallways in the palace were usually almost silent, but you simply sang your way out of the tight embrace of silence. At first, you didn't understand it, but you quickly became enarmored with the idea.

    On rare occasions, when the Pale King would pass by, he would hum along with the song you and the others were singing. It was usually when he was in a good mood. This time, however, the bug passing through wasn't the King at all. They were female, slim, with a needle by their side and an ivory mask. Beautiful.

     You caught yourself and a few others staring at the tall figure; you knew who she was. Dryya, one of the Five Great Knights. She was said to be feirce, but you had overheard Ogrim make a remark about her being 'as caring as the Teacher.' You noticed her gaze shift to yours, a warm smile evident under her mask.

     "Hello." She giggled as you quickly turned your attention back to your  task. She sighed. "My status always does this..." Dryya continued her walk to her meeting with the other knights.

     After the work day was all said and done and you went to grab a bite to eat, you ran into Dryya again-- or more, stumbled.

"Oh! Hello again!" She giggled as you scrambled to perfect posture. She fixed her skirt and smiled your way.

"I am so, so sorry, I didn't see you!" You stammered, preparing to be lectured.

"Oh, it's fine! I can be clumsy sometimes, as well." She passed it off. Ok then. "I was actually about to look for you! You..are the bug I made eye contact with, aren't you?"

"Oh! That's me!" You smiled, doing a quick bow. She giggled.

"You probably already know who I am, but who are you?"

"I'm Y/N!" You smiled-- it was hidden under your mask, but still evident.

"Y/N....Nice name."

"Dryya! You need to guard the Queen in her gardens. So, stop acknowledging the servant and get to work!" The Pale King spoke, seemingly appearing behind Dryya. Just as quickly as he arrived, he left to attend other matters.

"Such a jack-off." Both of you commented, laughing afterwards at your shared thought.

"I best be going...I hope we can meet again, Y/N!"

"You too Dryya..."

But little did the two of you know, that would be the last time you would see each other.

------------------
A/N: Just a lil short n' sweet one UwU