Not So Secret Admirer -- Lurien

"Welcome, Y/N. I heard you were the new Watcher Knight?"

     It was true. You had trained for a little over a year, and were still getting used to the clunky armor due to your slim body. You nodded, silently shifting. You had honestly had a tiny-- ok, huge-- crush on the watcher for some times now. You were sweating from him simply speaking directly to you, and the armor was helping none.

     Lurien noticed this and gently removed your helmet.

     "You can discard your armor for now. I'll make sure to have you fitting armor as soon as possible, alright?" His tone was kind and quiet. You nodded, discarding your armor. You had some baggy-- but comfortable-- clothes on underneath to prevent the armor from sliding around too much.

     "Sir..may I ask, why did you call me here?" You questioned, watching as Lurien got back on track.

     "Right. The reason I wanted to speak with you is because... I know you like me."

     You froze. How did he know?! Were you about to be fired?! Your expression shifted to panic, prompting a soft laugh from Lurien.

     "Oh, calm down. I'm an observatory person. Watcher, remember?" He joked, giving you a soft pat.

      "And, to be perfectly honest, I admire your passion for protecting me. I still don't understand the need for so much security though..." He trailed off.

      "Yeah, me neither."

      "Anyway!" He clasps his hands together. "If you ever need anything, whether, to talk or..whatever else...just come by any time!" His tone was a bit louder now, you could tell he was estatic to have a friend to talk to. According to the other Watcher Knights, he was more of a loner.

     Still though, you knew he didn't return your feelings for him. Eh. Rejection wasn't as bad as people made it seem, apparently. The two of you exchanged goodbyes before you left to your position-- Lurien had helped you put your clunky armor back on.

     Lurien stood staring at the door, unable to move. His assistant came out of another room with tea.

    "Who was that, Lurien?"

    "The new Watcher Knight, Y/N..." Lurien replied, tearing his gaze from the door to his assistant, gently grabbing a cup of tea and sitting down.

     "Hm...you like her, don't you?"

     "I- what?! Where did you hear that?" Lurien was astounded at the thought.

     "I am literally your assistant, I'm an observatory person." His assistant replied. Lurien felt a laugh tear through him.

    "Don't use my own jokes against me!" He laughed before sipping his tea. "But, yeah...Y/N is an..interesting bug..."