Protective Momma Moth -- Radiance

"Mom?"

     "Yes, dear?"

     As a young moth living in the Dream Realm, you were protected and cared for by the Radiance. Sure, the infection was raging outside, but with you, Radiance felt more composed. More in control. She allowed you to call her mom, which slowly burned a hole in her stone-cold heart.

     "I had a nightmare..."

     You watched as her eyes went cold and filled with rage. She pulled you close into her fluff.

     "I am going to have to have a talk with Grimm. Now, what was it about?"

     "It was..about the infection..when my parents and siblings were infected and killed... I was cornered..I was about to die...Then I woke up."

     She sighed, allowing you to curl up inside her fluff. She hated seeing you upset, especially due to her former colleague.

     "Are you alright, honey? Do you need anything?" Radiance gently set you on the ground, being careful not to hurt you. You shook your head. She nodded as she summoned the Nightmare King to your location.

     "Hm? Oh, hello, Radiance. How-"

     "Uncle Grimm!" You laughed and hugged the bamboozled Nightmare King. He took a moment to realize what was going on, before laughing and ruffling your fluff.

     "Oh, so I'm your uncle now? Radi lets you call me that? That's so cute!" He snuck a smirk towards Radiance, that smirk disappearing once she spoke.

     "Explain your reason for giving my child a nightmare."

     "I've told you, that's not how it--"

     "Explain!"

     The both of you flinched. If there was one thing you and the Nightmare King had in common, it was that both of you hated when Radiance raised her voice.

     "Radiance, the Nightmares are not controlled by me; they have a mind of their own, if you will. I simply ensure the Nightmare Heart stays in top physical form, which is why I need the Nightmare Flames taken from living bugs." Grimm calmly explained, expecting her to accept it.

     "...Lies. I will deal with you later."

     "Oh no--" Grimm disappeared in a poof of scarlet smoke. Radiance sighed and massaged her temples before pulling you close.

     "Are you sure you're alright, dear?"

     "Yes, momma..."

     "Good."