Snacktime -- Mantis Lords

"Gods, this job is so boring! Especially now that that vessel defeated us..."

     The Mantis Sisters sat on their thrones, deep underground. Two of them didn't understand why they still needed be there, Little Ghost had taken the role as Mantis Lord.

     "We have discussed this. We still play the role we lost. The vessel will not come back, so their title means nothing." The eldest replied. "They will surely be killed, their weak nail cannot hold for long."

    "But what if they come back to claim their throne?"

    "They won't."

    Suddenly, a mantis dropped from the platform above, dragging a familiar bug behind them.

    "WAITWAITWAIT-- Oh, hi Sisters!" The bug said just before hitting the ground. "Ow." They stood, checking the bag they carried with them.

    "Oh! Hello, Y/N. What have you got there?" The eldest sister asked, leaving her throne to see. The other two followed suit. Y/N happily removed six smaller bags from their satchel, giving two to each sister.

     "Snacks! One for now, and another in case you get hungry later!" The young bug explained. The sisters thanked them and began to eat as Y/N grabbed their own food out of the bag. They had made it a little weekly habit of eating lunch; or just snacks; together.

     The Sisters had known Y/N since they were very small, the young bug's parents and the Sisters were business partners.

     "So, anything new?" Y/N asked, wiping their mouth with their shirt.

     "Well...We were defeated in battle. A little vessel, about a third our size." The eldest answered, a slight disappointed tone to her voice. The others nodded.

     "So...what now?"

     "Well, we don't have to worry. The vessel will surely be killed eventually, which means it's new title is meaningless."

      You knew she was telling her truth, but you couldn't help but feel bad. You had helped the little vessel through the Fungal Wastes, but didn't realize it would manage to defeat the Mantis Sisters.

      "I...I'm sorry, I-I helped them, I-I didn't kn-know they would de-defeat you..." You didn't realize you were crying until you felt a teardrop hit your hand, but by then it was too late. The younger sisters pulled you into a warm embrace, the eldest softly holding your hands.

     "Y/N. It's not your fault, you had no way of knowing. Besides, it's not that big a deal!"

     You nodded, wiping your face off. The eldest sister hugged you close, pulling her siblings in as well.

     "If it makes you feel any better, we see you as a sibling, too!" The youngest giggled, promtping a smile from you. You laughed quietly, just letting yourself cuddle with the Sisters.

------------------
A/N: I just figured I'd make this one a cute lil found family one :)