❉ 14 ❉

I get so lost inside your eyes
Would you believe it?

A slight breeze woke me up from my slumber. I smiled to myself remembering the night before, a few seconds later reality hit me making me jump up from the bed and look around for Finn.

My eyes darted towards the slightly opened window with a sticky note attached to it. I quickly walked towards the window and pulled the note off.

Left early so I could get ready for school. Had a really fun night w/you. See you at school- Finn :)

I smiled to myself as I put the sticky note on my desk and headed towards the bathroom. After I got done and changed my clothes, I headed downstairs to hear my mother cooking breakfast.

"Good morning" she said as she motioned towards the table. "Good morning" I said and sat at the table. My breakfast consists of bacon, toast and eggs. I instantly started digging in.

"So your father and I started thinking that you should get a job" my mother said breaking her attention away from her mug of coffee.

"A job, there's like no places near by, and school-" I said before my father cut me off walking into the kitchen.

"We already found you a job, a coffee shop called Beem, a friend of mine owns it and needs new workers, his son goes to school with you" my father said.

"Who's his son?" I asked worriedly. All he did was shrug his shoulders as he made himself a cup of coffee.

"All that I know is that he's offering to take you to work after school, seems like a nice kid to me" he said while sitting at the table. I nodded and finished my breakfast. "You'll go through training after school"

I could hopefully manage school and a job, I mean I already do most of my work as the teacher is talking or whenever I have some free time. I was mostly worried about the son, he goes to my school and I know he probably has no idea who I am.

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. I was greeted with Millie and her waving hand outside her car window.

I got into her car and we sped off to school. The car ride was filled with laughter and slight gossip. Once we got to school we walked in and Millie and I spilt up because she had to be at her lesson early.

I instantly felt vulnerable in the hallway of chatty teens. I was getting occasional stares and looks from the kids.

As soon as I walked down the hallway to my locker, my eyes locked on the couple of the school and her group of friends. Iris ran her hands through Finn's hair with a smirk knowing that they had my attention.

I had to admit, it did hurt a little but I couldn't show her that she could easily get under my skin. I walked to my locker in put in my combination. They were only 2 lockers away from me. Finn didn't noticed me at all and that was enough for me.

Iris noticed that I wasn't looking at them
anymore then huffed and grabbed his neck and brought him into a kiss. He hesitantly kisses back enjoying her affection.

I looked at them with wide eyes and quickly closed my locker door. I turned around to walk away but I walked straight into someone's hard chest.

"Sorry about that, you're y/n right?" The boy said. I nodded while fixing myself together. "I'm Corey, Corey Bowston, and I guess you're my new co-worker" he said shaking my hand.

Corey was a senior, he wasn't as popular as everyone else but he was known because he's on the soccer team and of his looks. He's honestly very attractive but hard to get because no one has ever seen him date anyone. He's very smart and nice but closed off, I've always admired him for that.

"I guess I am,so what's the job like" I asked. "Well it's somewhat stressful when you're by yourself but the day goes by quick when you have someone with you, it's been stressful lately since most of the workers quit" he said. Before I knew it, we were walking past Iris and her group. I looked over at her and she was glaring at me. I averted my eyes and attention back on Corey.

"I wonder why they quit" I said and he shrugged. "Beats me, it's a good job and my dads a good boss, hopefully you'll like it" he said.

He ended up walking me to class with a conversation consisting of us getting to know each other. "So I'll be in the parking after school, just meet me by my black SUV" he said and I nodded.

"I was nice meeting you Corey" I said shaking his hand again. "Likewise" he said and walked in a different direction. I sat in my seat for class and waited for the lecture.

I was getting looks from most of the girls. "I wonder why Corey was talking to her" a girl whispered over to her friend. I acted as if I didn't hear her and wrote in my note book.

"Probably saw what happened to her the other day and felt bad" the other girl said. They both irrupted into a giggling fit and looked back at me. This time I was looking back at them. They both stopped their giggling and looked away from me.

I few seconds later, Finn walked in and looked at me. His face was emotionless but had a slight attitude towards something. He pulled out his phone and started to text someone.

A ding brought me out of my stare from him and to my phone. The bright screen lit up my face.

"Who's the new boyfriend"- Finn

I looked at him and slowly typed back.

"He's not my boyfriend, why does that matter anyways?"- y/n

He slightly chucked and put his phone back into his pocket. I was taken back from his attitude, was he really upset with me for talking to some guy other than him?

Is he jealous?

Corey Bowston played by Cameron Porras

An: I wanted to say thank you all for the support and checking up on me. I will continue this book and will hopefully have more updates because of the time off that I have. I also wanted to say thank you to the people who have gave me ideas for this story❤️