❉ 15 ❉

You acting kinda shady
You ain't been calling me baby, oh

Finn pretty much ignored me for the entire school day. I didn't mind but I kinda missed his annoying comments. I was pretty much nervous to see Corey after school. I didn't want to seem like a bad worker knowing how much of a try hard I am.

I put all my books in my locker and grabbed my stuff to walk out to the school parking lot. I briefly walked past Finn up against the tree.

"I'm guessing you'll be getting a ride from your new boyfriend" he said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"For the last time, he's not my boyfriend" I said as I continued walking so I couldn't hear whatever he had to say back. I looked around for the black suv seeing it parked way in the back of the parking lot. There stood Corey looking down at his phone wait for me.

I quickly walked to his car and smiled when he noticed me. He smiled and wave back earning the looks from mostly girls in the parking lot.

"Ready to go?" He asked as he playfully opened the door for me. "Ready as I'll ever be" I said and hopped in his car. As he drove out the school parking lot, we were getting unwanted stares and glares. The drive was nice and Corey basically carried the conversation because he noticed how shy I was being. Asking me questions on what I do for fun, what types of music I listen to, etc.

He then pulled into a parking lot which held the small building called Beem. It had a cute vibrant orange and blue color that definitely stood out from the other buildings close by.

We got out the car with Corey leading into the slightly busy shop. The interior was just as vibrant as the building and so were the uniforms. Corey walked us into the back room to an office that was probably his fathers.

He knocked twice on the door and looked down at my shaken face. "Don't worry, you'll be ok" he said with a small smile and guided me into the office with his hand on the small of my back.

"Ahh y/n, you're finally here, I'm Corey's dad Kevin, it's very nice to meet you" he said as he shook my hand. I returned the gesture with a smile.

Kevin interviewed me for about 5 minutes and asked me if I was ok with starting today. I nodded and he handed me the uniform that consisted of a bright blue shirt with "Beem" in orange lettering.

Corey showed me to the bathroom so I could change and get ready for training. I quickly changed and pulled my hair into a slick ponytail and walked back outside to follow Corey into the kitchen.

There were two other workers working, both looking older than us. "These are you're other coworkers, my older brother and sister Max and Uri" Corey said. They both looked over at me and greeted me with a smile.

"So since you're my protégé, let me teach you everything" Corey joked and showed me back into the small kitchen.

2 hours gone by of Corey showing me how to make the special drinks and Coffees and how to make the pastry's. It was easy for me to learn because I was actually excited to work here.

Corey's siblings would occasionally pop up in the kitchen and throw jokes around. Corey even let me try some of the drinks which were all good.

The day went by fast with the shop closing and Uri teaching me how to use their complex cash register.

"-and if a customer is ever rude, call one of the boys because they handle those situations better" she said and I nodded.

"So I guess that was it for today, how do you feel about it so far?" Corey's father said walking into the work space.

"I honestly love it, everyone is so nice and it's easy going and it's fun" i said. Corey looked up from the tables he was wiping down and smiled at me making me slightly nervous.

"That's great to hear, we will love having you hear" His father said as he walked back into his office. I then started to help clean of tables with Corey.

His Father, older brother and sister began to leave making us the ones to close up. I stacked the chairs as Corey ran the money over to the safe.

"Ready to go?" He questioned as he grabbed his keys from behind the counter. I nodded as I grabbed my book bag and walked out with him.

The drive back to my house wasn't long at all so I knew if some point I had to walk to and from work, I wouldn't take more that 10 minutes.

He then pulled up into my driveway and parked the car.

"Thanks again Corey, it was really nice meeting you and your family today" I said. He smiled and nodded.

"You too y/n, see you tomorrow" he said. I got out the car and he sped down the empty street. I sighed and walked into my house. I knew my parents were most likely asleep. I seen Chinese takeout box on the table for me knowing the got me my favorite.

I also grabbed a water and headed up to my room. Set my dinner on my nightstand and took my shoes off and let loose of my hair. I turned on the light and almost screamed when I say someone sitting in my window seal.

"Welcome home Peaches, missed you after school, wondered what you were doing with Mr. Bowstand" Finn said.

Hello everyone, thank you for the support on the book❤️

(An: it's been getting harder for me to get on any form of social media

(An: it's been getting harder for me to get on any form of social media. I hate seeing how negative and hurtful people can be through this situation. As a person of color myself, I've experienced racism at a very early stage and no one should EVER have to experience that. I was raised on not seeing someone for their color, religion,gender, sexuality etc, and I will continue to raise my future children the same. I live in a world that will not look at me or anyone else of color the same. We don't have equal rights and probably never will and it's sickening to even realize it. We shouldn't have fear in our hearts knowing that we can have our life's taken away from us just from the color of our skin. We are all the same, we want our voices to be heard. No more black lives to be taken away. It's heartbreaking hearing about another man's life was taken for a false crime and his killer gets to walk. It's extremely unfair how certain police treat people of color and I'm sick of it. These people who were killed due to police brutality, have families that they can never see again, lives that they never got to finish. All I ask is to take a walk in our shoes. We shouldn't have to be scared of police when their job is to protect a serve. I stand with this movement and if you think otherwise please feel free to unfollow and enjoy the rest of your day.)

#BLACKLIVESMATTER
#RIPGEORGEFLOYD
#ICANTBREATHE