Chapter 3 ✅

Three days passed by and i just drowned myself in my sorrows with glasses and glasses of alcohol

My friends have been messaging me asking if the guy in the picture was my boyfriend.

I hadnt the will to answer and i didnt know what to say.

I hadnt taken a shower since before my flight and i've been wearing the same outfit since i came here.

All i could do was drink away and lose myself from all the updates on the social media.

Ive had tons of calls from YoungSoo and SoHye and others who just wants to know about my relationship status.

173 missed calls and 531 unread messages..

The room was dark. I didnt bother to turn on the lights.

I was scrunched with my legs tied to my chest whilst i scroll down the pictures of me and DoYoung. I deleted them one by one after staring and reminicing back on memories.

Every delete button i hesitated.

My mind was lost and i didnt know what to do.

That early night, after staring into complete nothing, i decided to finally open up my luggage.

It was day 4 of my vacation at 7pm and i neatly put my clothes aside.

I opened up the curtains that stretched from one side of the room to the other.

The curtains hung nicely from the ceiling and just about touch the carpet floor.

There were two sofa's and a mini round coffee table in between the two chairs.

After a shower, i put on a robe and curled myself up in one of the huge comfy sofas that was big enough for me to sleep in.

With the cutains opened, i saw the magestic view from the 14th floor of the hotel.

The streets were brightly lit and cars were still driving around.

With a cup of tea balancing on my bent knees, i stared helplessly outside the window.

There were nothing else but the sound of 'clink' and 'clank' from the teacup hitting its plate.

After a while of staring, i turned to look at my phone

I picked it up and looked at my flooded chats..

Hundreds of messages.

I stared at them and then lay my phone on the table. I happen to noticed my camera case sitting on the table.

After thinking whether i should open it or not, i opened the case and took out my camera

The white digital camera that i used to always use when i was younger was back in my hands.

I hadnt turned it on since i met DoYoung because i misplaced it but then i found it again after going through my apartment.

When it was turned on, i immediately looked through the pictures and i found some pictures i took when we had a family vacation.

We travelled alot when i was younger and the pictures were a memory of the sweet past.

My whole family loves to travel but now that my grandmother passed away, my mum would rather stay with my grandfather and take care of him.

Me and my mum are not on good terms at the moment either..

I stared at one picture of my grandmother and me that we took at the beach in Busan and i still remember that day as clear as crystal.

"sometimes, its better to let go than to hold on" i remembered my grandmother said as she gave me her biggest smile plastered on her face.

I told her about my bad grades then and that was how she answered me.

"if you let go, you can start anew with a clear mind and a light heart" she continued

I didnt understand it then. Though now, i think i do.

Grandmother's sayings replayed in my head a few times before i stood up and decided to try and take a breather.

So, i got myself ready and got all my essentials before exiting the hotel room.

When i got out, i felt the wind blow in my face.

I smiled at how exciting it feels to wonder alone in a foreign country.

A new surrounding, a new atmosphere and a new feeling. It feels like i've been reborn!

The city was busy. The shops were brightly lit and my spontaneous trip felt like an adventure!

I see street foods and boutiques.

Restaurants and makeup shops.

I wondered around and facepalmed myself when i realised that i forgot my camera.

So, i used my phone instead. I bought myself a street food because i was hungry and walked about.

There were performances and people
dancing...

Promoters and workers who were handing out flyers in costume.

The whole day, i went around alone. Though i still had fun going through with it.

Just as i was walking around, i bumped into someone and apologised.

Just when i got up, and the guy looked familiar but he looked back and just ignored me.

He kept running and i didnt get to speak. He was the guy who dropped his passport.

"WAIT!-" i shouted and turned around to find that he was no longer in sight.

"thats a weird guy. Why is he always running?" i said to myself

After thinking for a while, i gasped

"maybe.. Is he a criminal?!" i said to myself "aigooo.. Eventhough, i have to give his passport back.."

When i got back to the hotel room, i got changed and let my body fall on the covers.

I snuggled deep under the covers and smiled at my success of braking free.

The night was one step from getting over and the first step is always the hardest.

Honestly, i have never been so proud to be starting anew..

Before i know it, i had fallen deep in a slumber under the warmth and protection of the covers.

A new start. A new me..