Chapter 14✅

"ouch!!" i whined as i tried to get up.

It hurts to bend my left knee.

"oh! The wave!!" someone in the crowd shouted.

I looked at the rapid wave that came our way and i had about less than two meters to reach the baby.

And around 2 and a half minutes till the wave hits.

I looked around at the different shaped boulders.

This wasnt easy.

I didnt think about the slippiness of the boulders would have an impact on my shoes.

My eyes darted at the flat surfaces.

That must be how the baby crawled through.

"aihh.. Its gonna take long" i said to myself

The boulder was completely wet. If i crawled, i might have a better chance but i wont have the time.

I looked past a faster way.

There were a few uneven boulders that were not so safe but it was the fastest way through and right now, if we get hit by the wave with the strong force, we would be injured.

30 seconds passed by and i forcefully picked myself up and hopped quickly.

I managed to slip a few times but thankfully i was focused so i was able to avoid the impact.

When i finally got to the baby, she was still crying loudly.

I bend down and tried to release her foot that was stuck between two boulders.

It wasnt bad.

It was just her shoe that was too big to slip through.

I gently pull on the leg making sure that she didnt scrape her chubby legs.

To get passed the hole, i had to untie her shoe. Just as i got her leg out, her shoe came of and fell further inside hole.

"No!" i panicked

The waves were close.

I quickly decided to let the shoe go and picked up the baby.

"oh shit!" i cursed when i realised i had only seconds left.

The shoe was really hard to take off. It took me a while to finally slip it off without hurting her.

I took a few steps towards the crowd before i heard a warning.

"LOOK OUT!!"

"Y/N!" Jason called me out

Knowing what they meant, i bend down, towering above the child whom i had covered with my jacket that i had worn around my waist.

The water hit the first few boulders causing the water to fly up. The impact made the wave less strong but still came pouring on me and the baby with a strong push