fourteen

»»----- ✼ -----««

"Kitten, wake up. We're here."

»»----- ✼ -----««

Felix fluttered his eyes open shaking his head as Jeongin set him down on the ground. He allowed for his weight to go slack, making Jeongin keep his hold on him so that the older didn't crumble to the ground.

"Innie... Don't wanna get up..."

Jeongin laughed at his baby. He took a moment to look around the park and, when he saw that almost no one was around, he pulled down Felix's face mask and pecked his cheek lightly.

"Are you sure you don't want to play in the park?" He asked softly.

Felix livened up pretty quickly. "Play?" He asked softly, grinning up at Jeongin with wide eyes.

"Yes, Kitten. Play."

"Tag!" He chirped, tapping the youngers shoulder before sprinting away in the other direction.

Jeongin watched as the little scampered off away from him. God he was so cute. Jeongin just wanted to tell him how he felt. Like, actually tell him and not just hint at it until the older gets it. He wanted to be Felix's caregiver for good, but Felix didn't feel that way about Jeongin and that was frustrating for the younger.

Felix was still focused on Changbin. Everything was Changbin this and Changbin that. Felix was so invested in getting Changbin to love him back that he doesn't realize that Changbin and Hyunjin are basically a couple. The only reason Hyunjin hasn't confirmed that he is dating Changbin was because he didn't want to upset Felix.

Speaking of Felix, Jeongin almost lost sight of him. The very idea of losing Felix scared Jeongin. He began searching for the boy, jogging around. He knew that Felix wouldn't go too far because he was a generally obedient little and wouldn't want to upset his caregivers if he could avoid it.

"Felix?" He called out. No answer.

After a while of not being able to find Felix, Jeongin began to freak out. He didn't know where his baby had gone and he was starting to hyperventilate. How was he supposed to deal with the loss of his baby. Furthermore, how were the other members going to react to loss of their baby.

Jeongin, his eyes prickling with tears, continued his treck around the park in search of his little, his chest getting tighter by the second.

He had been searching for almost an hour (probably closer to 45 minutes) and was starting to lose hope. Luckily, Jeongin heard familiar giggles. Giggles that tickled his ears in just the right way.

"Felix!"

»»----- ✼ -----««

Felix just kept running. After he tagged Jeongin he went running and didn't look back to see if Jeongin was following him at all. When he did look back, he realized that Jeongin was no where to be found.

He wandered around for a little bit longer before just bursting out into tears. He couldn't find his Innie and now he was terrified. How was he going to get back to the dorms?

"Innie!" He shouted, a hiccup following and his voice cracking.  He heard the rustling of the grass behind him, feet moving quickly.

"Innie?" He asked softly as he looked over his shoulder. Instead of Jeongin he was met with a mop of blonde hair.

"Lixie!"

"Eric?" He mumbled softly, behind the blonde mop came running a taller man with dark hair and circle frame glasses.

"Kevin?" Felix was confused, but very glad that they were here.

"Oh my god, Felix Lee, what are you doing out here alone?"  Kevin scolded in English. Felix's eyes weld up with tears again and he didn't know how to hold his tears in.

"I-innie and–and the others... Tag... got lost..." Felix mumbled out as much as he could in between hiccups. Eric had his arms wrapped tightly around Felix's waist.

Kevin couldn't help but smile at the littles and ruffle their hair. He was slightly upset with the white haired boys group for losing him, but he couldn't be more glad that he was safe. Yes, Felix told people that weren't in his group before he told the whole group. But in his defense, Eric was also a little and Kevin was willing to arrange playdates for the two of them.

"Do you want to stay with us for a while, Lix?" Felix couldn't see another option aside from wait, so the boy nodded his head to the point of whiplash.

Kevin let the two littles run around, staying close behind them.

Eric did most of the moving between the two, but he had a right hold on Felix's hand so he wasn't going anywhere.

Kevin spotted a swing set and suggested the two head over to the set to play around, but Felix's headspace was a bit younger than Eric's. Felix was scared to go on the swing because he might get hurt.

After some time, Kevin finally convinced Felix to go on the swing set. The only thing requirement was Kevin pushing Felix.

The higher the swing went, the louder the giggles from the littles were. The louder the giggles, the more people looked at them. Luckily, few people were in the park. So the smaller number of people helped out in the hiding that they were idols part.

"Felix!" His head snapped in the direction of his name and there he was. Felix had completely forgotten about getting lost, but now his eyes were welling up again.

Felix allowed himself to fly off the seat of the swing, although it was a bit high and scared him a lot causing him to scream on the way down, he landed on his feet and just kept running to Jeongin.

Jeongin had stopped moving completely to allow Felix to get to him and jump into his arms.

Sobs came from either party. Felix was crying tears of joy; Jeongin was crying tears of relief. The two couldn't believe they almost lost each other.

"Innie— Lix-Lixie thought— lost a-and—" Felix's sobs drowned out whatever words he was trying to say.

Kevin had eventually made his way over to the two, Eric holding his hand, confused as to why Jeongin and Felix were crying so much. Kevin found the scene cute. A bit much, but cute.

"So, Jeongin, you're a caregiver now?"

Jeongin jumped at Kevin's voice, but he quickly realized that he was nothing to be scared of and shifted Felix to his hip in order to converse better with the older.

"Yeah, I guess you could call me that." He mumbled, honestly kind of embarrassed by talking about it with someone who wasn't close to him.

Eric just stared at Jeongin, glaring into his soul.

"Keviiiiin!" He whined, pointing at Jeongin with a large pout. "He made Lixxie cry!" He whined.

"Eric! It's rude to point!" He scolded, lightly slapping the back of his littles hand. Kevin wanted Eric to be as well behaved as Felix, but it seemed highly unlikely. "That's Jeongin, Baby, you know him. Right?"

Eric stared at Jeongin for a good minute before nodding as an answer to the question.

»»----- ✼ -----««

"Is Mister Jeongin Felix's daddy?"

»»----- ✼ -----««