twenty-two

»»----- ✼ -----««

"Can I kiss you?"

»»----- ✼ -----««

Felix was in shock. How was he supposed to respond to that? He knew it would be wrong to agree to such a thing if he didn't have at least an inkling of the same feelings as Jeongin. But maybe he did have the small inkling. Maybe there was a fire waiting to be kindle deep within him that only needed Jeongin to fester and grow. He knew that Jeongin wouldn't hurt him the way that Changbin did. The only thing he could think to do was say yes.

Unfortunately, Felix's vocal chords didn't want to work at the moment. He opened his mouth the speak, but nothing came out. He tried again, but he was just so awkward. Felix had kissed people before— he's not that awkward, but for some reason this felt different. For some reason Felix couldn't bring himself to vocalise his emotions when he was with Jeongin, and the younger never seemed to have a problem with that.

Jeongin was just so attractive and he cared so much about Felix's opinion and how he felt. Felix has been in relationships in the past where his opinion was never taken into consideration. Jeongin was truly the best of both worlds for him. He was kind and caring, but he was dominant and possessive and knew how to make Felix feel like he belonged to someone.

Felix took a moment to really weigh his options. Felix really did take relationships seriously. Changbin kissed him on the cheek once and Felix took that as a sign of commitment. So he didn't want to kiss Jeongin and have the younger just leave it at that and never come back to him. But Jeongin wasn't like that. He was kind. He was caring. And he was asking if he could kiss Felix. Felix didn't initiate this. That's what was different from Jeongin and Changbin. Felix always found himself putting in all of the effort to be with the shorter, but Jeongin was more than willing to meet him half way.

He had asked Jeongin why he should forget about Changbin, but now he knows that Jeongin will not only provide the love that Changbin never could, but he would always take Felix into consideration. He would always check on the older, he would always make sure that he felt safe, whether it was with him or with other people. That's what Jeongin did for Felix that no one else has ever done. Sure Chan did his best, but Jeongin did protection in a different way entirely.

Chan was always hell bent on being Felix's wall of protection, keeping him hidden in this high tower and, though he appreciated it in the beginning, Felix was starting to get claustrophobic. Jeongin took care of Felix similarly to a knight. Felix was free to go where he wished and do what he pleased, but he would always have Jeongin to fall back to when he needed him and he could trust that the younger would rescue him in his time of need.

Felix made his decision after a minute of consideration and Jeongin observing how Felix bit the inside of his cheeks as he thought and how his nose scrunched when he thought of something he didn't particularly like. Felix gave a slight nod, making eye contact with Jeongin.

"Are you sure?" Asked Jeongin. Felix seemed to hesitate with his answer so Jeongin wanted to make sure that Felix really was okay with this, and once again Felix nodded.

But now it was Jeongin's turn to hesitate. He really didn't know if Felix was ready to move on with him. He really didn't know if Felix was just using him to move on. But this was for Felix. Jeongin would do anything for Felix.

Jeongin moved one of his hands from Felix's waist to hold his cheek. He couldn't help but continue to admire Felix's features as he leaned closer. The way he could feel Felix's breath hitch, the way his eyelashes fluttered as he closer his eyes. The way he licked his lips lightly to prepare himself. The way his head tilted ever so slightly to the left.