twenty-eight

»»----- ✼ -----««

"Channie! That tickles!"

»»----- ✼ -----««

Jeongin rushed towards where he had heard the giggling coming from. He didn't know what he was expecting to find when he turned the final corner, but it wasn't at all what he found.

When he reached the boy he had fallen so deeply in love with, he was being tickled by the leader of the group while BamBam watched, telling Chan to calm down and that he didn't need to be so rough with the petite boy.

Jeongin found himself letting out a sigh of relief when he saw that his baby was safe. Felix heard the sigh and immediately pried himself out if Chan's hands.

"Innie!" Called the little, his eyes forming crescents as he launched himself into the arms of the younger. Jeongin twirled Felix around, making him giggle even louder, kicking his feet.

"Lixie! You scared me so badly, young man!" Scolded Jeongin who held onto Felix as tight as he possibly could. He never wanted to let go of Felix, but he had to set his feet on the ground so he could continue to talk to the little.

"Lixie is sorry. Didn't mean to make Innie mad." Felix began playing with the sleeves if Jeongin's shirt, tears welling up in his eyes.

How could he have made his care giver mad at him? What was he going to do if this made Jeongin not want him anymore? Felix didn't want Jeongin to give up in being his caregiver now, they were getting so close and he couldn't afford to lose the one pillar he had been relying on for however long and—

"I'm not mad at you, baby." Jeongin cooed, pressing a gentle kiss to the littles cheek to cheer him up. "Innie was just worried about you. He thought a big mean scary man could have had his baby!"

Felix squeaked with fear at the thought of being taken away from his group by a large man.

Jeongin turned his attention to Chan and BamBam, asking for a reason as to why they were there with his facial expressions alone.

BamBam was quick to explain everything.

»»----- ✼ -----««

"So, you found lix wondering the store and crying? And the first person you called was Chan Hyung?" Asked Jeongin, a sleepy Felix now clinging to his hand. The Maknae just wanted to make sure he had his facts straight.

"That's right, kid. It's okay, you can say it. I'm the best Hyung there is!" BamBam bragged about how good of a Hyung he was frequently and especially to the members of Straykids.

"You really are amazing, Hyung!" Chirped Jeongin, just happy that his baby was safe and sound and with someone he trusted.

Chan, however, was livid. He couldn't believe the events that had unfolded in the toy shop.

He gently picked Felix up, pulling him away from Jeongin. The sudden movements made the little whine, "Channie! Lixie wants Innie!" He struggled against Chan's hold.

"Channie wants to talk with Innie. Will Lixie be a good boy and stay with Uncle Bam for a few minutes?"

Felix gave a slight nod, his pout growing in size while BamBam just looked to Chan with a face of betrayal.

»»----- ✼ -----««

"Jeongin, what happened today?" Asked Chan, a very stern glare digging into Jeongin's soul.

"What do you mean, Hyung?"

"How did you lose Felix?"

Jeongin wished that BamBam hadn't called in Chan.

"Look, Hyung, I don't know how it happened, really! I was just holding onto his hand one second and then the next second he was gone." Jeongin admitted with plenty of shame.

Jeongin would have never let himself live it down if something bad had happened to Felix. He probably wouldn't have been able to look the rest of the team in the eyes ever again. There was no doubt that Minho would have actually killed him on the spot.

The Maknae didn't even realize it till his hand reached up to wipe at the warm wetness on his face, that he was crying.

"No matter how angry with me you are, Hyung, you'll never be as upset with me as I am with myself!" Jeongin exclaimed.

"No, Jeongin, you don't understand! I love Felix! If anything were to happen to him while he was under your watch, I'd have to kill you!"

"Hyung!"

Chan could feel himself growing more and more upset with Jeongin. He needed to remove himself from the situation before it escalated any further and he finds himself beating Jeongin to a pulp.

He moved swiftly and strategically towards the exit, steam pouring from his nose and ears. He reached the doorway and, with one last look to Jeongin made a declaration.

»»----- ✼ -----««

"It's game on, Yang."

»»----- ✼ -----««