twenty-six

»»----- ✼ -----««

"Can we go on a real date tomorrow?"

»»----- ✼ -----««

Jeongin woke up with an extra little pep in his step. He had to pinch himself at least 3 times before he actually got out of bed. He let Felix sleep in a bit longer, as he always would. He would never be able to bring himself to wake the smaller up.

He simply got out of bed and went to make breakfast. Did he squeal on the way to the kitchen? Maybe. But he would deny that till the day he died because no one else was in the area when it happened.

Jeongin had just started assuming that no one else would be awake so early in the morning, but when he arrived in the kitchen he was proven wrong. Standing there, a stern look on his face, was Christopher Bang.

"What's got you so happy this morning?" Asked the older as he waited for his coffee. He was kind of amused by how goofy Jeongin looked as he walked into the room.

"Felix and I are going on a date today," mused Jeongin, running a hand through his dark hair as he flashed his dimples at Chan. Any joy Chan had felt by seeing the younger so happy faded into resentment.

What did Felix see in Jeongin that he didn't see in their leader? Was it his youth? That shouldn't matter to Felix. Was it his height? Chan couldn't help it that he was born kinda stocky.

While Chan was scowling in his corner by the coffee machine, Jeongin moved to start breakfast. Today he would make cinnamon rolls. They were simple enough, and Jeongin was too happy to let anything ruin his day.

»»----- ✼ -----««

Felix was startled awake by the fire alarm that morning. He didn't even bother to worry about where Jeongin was as he knew that the younger was well out of bed. Instead he focused on getting himself out of bed and into the kitchen to see what the problem was.

When he got there he was greeted by smoke being fanned out of the kitchen by the group's resident tree, a scowl given by Seungmin, Changbin's cackle of a laugh, and Jeongin's dimples on full display.

"How do you burn Cinnamon Rolls?!?" Asked Seungmin, who was clearly upset with their maknae for interrupting his beauty sleep.

"I was distracted!"

Jeongin allowed his eyes to move away from Seungmin and they landed on Felix. His grin immediately became more prominent and his eyes softened.

"Hey, baby," he greeted, walking over to the boy who was still wrapped in his blanket. "I'm sorry, did we wake you?" He asked with a small pout.

Changbin stood from his hunched over position, wiping at the stray tears that escaped his eyes. "No shit you woke him up, you probably woke JYP up!" He teased with that shit eating grin that used to have Felix so in love with him. Looking at it now, Felix didn't see how he was so in love with that face. Changbin was attractive, always had been, but Felix can't really see the appeal he used to find in it.

Felix just pouted at Jeongin. "Why are you trying to make Cinnamon Rolls. We both know eggs are so much easier to make!" Whined the older, tiredly walking into Jeongin's chest.

Jeongin couldn't help but laugh at his hyung's cuteness. He gently wrapped his arms around the blonde boy's waist, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head. "I wanted to make you a special little treat." He mumbled into the soft hair.