1.

(Edited)

Chaeyoung rose early that morning. She got up removing herself from her 1000 count silk spread complimented by the fluffy and plump pillows. Her small dainty feet hit the cold floor before slipping into soft bedroom slippers.

Her room was simple and elegant, painted with an array of red, white and black items strategically placed by her mother to make the room look more aesthetically pleasing. Chaeyoung's outfit of the day was already laid out on the couch beside her bed. Every day was the same boring stuffy dresses and skirts that would make her 'a classy princess' her mother always told her.

Chaeyoung was often compared to a rebel peasant that did as they pleased, dresses unladylike, whatever that means. To say she's the black sheep of a family with children who are constantly changing and evolving in nonsense sports and extra activities is an understatement. Black elephant yes, that's a better way to put it.

She groaned, rolling her eyes then entered the shower where she stripped down to welcome the warm water that rushed down her spine carelessly. Chaeyoung was a beautiful girl, she had a nice body, curves all over, exceptionally beautiful legs, but fell short in the chest area, however, her chest was still quite sizable but when compared to her aunts, cousins and mom's, maybe not. hers was still to her likely. One thing her mom would always pick at was her height.

Her mom had the saying a princess must be fierce and stand tall, kind of hard to do when she's not tall. Chaeyoung knew she said whatever she did on purpose. Her mother was around 5'7 or 5'8ish and her dad was relatively that height too. What happened? Don't ask her.

After a beautiful shower, Chaeyoung blew out her black straight long hair and got ready for the day.

Chaeyoung sat on her bed in her red retro halter lace-up dress with her white heels. She sat on her bed fumbling with her almond-shaped pink nails waiting to be called for breakfast.

Chaeyoung's head rose when she heard the first knock, she knew exactly who it was. When she opened the door a warm smile greeted her, it was Jihyo.

Jihyo was Chaeyoung's mother she wished she had basically, she started working for Chaeyoung at the tender age of 17 so when Chaeyoung was 10.

Jihyo came from a very poor family, taking care of Chaeyoung seemed easy since she loved children and often babysat her fellow villagers' kids. Jihyo cared tenderly for Chaeyoung which made her life in the palace more comfortable and felt more home-like.

"Morning your parents want you down for breakfast now," Jihyo said brightly "I'm ready"

Both Jihyo and Chaeyoung walked down the lavish spacious dining area. Her parents were seated silently eating, their forks could be her clicking constantly against the glass plates.

Chaeyoung sat down without a word until Jihyo who was standing behind her tapped her shoulder, so she sighed "Good morning" Chaeyoung said nonchalantly. "Good morning Chaeyoung," Her mom said with all smiles. Chaeyoung just gave her a tight-lipped smile then turned back to look at her food.

Her dad didn't even address her presence, but Chaeyoung didn't care really. She just ate quickly to leave as soon as possible.

Chaeyoung was about to leave when her father finally spoke "sit"

Chaeyoung looked at Jihyo signaling go her that she was about to get the fuck up and leave regardless. Jihyo stopped her by simply shaking her head then Chaeyoung obeyed and sat.

"Chaeyoung we're concerned about you," Her mother said. That's quite obvious though maybe that's why they rarely talk to her and love criticizing her. "We want you to be a good royal, so your mother and I have called up the Myoui's, their daughter is fantastic, I mean she's smart, beautiful, put together-" Chaeyoung spaced out while listening to them brag about another's daughter.

The Myoui's were Japanese royals, some speculated they even have ties with the American throne, owning about half and having 50 percent power. Chaeyoung knew the basics she didn't study royal connections well during schooling.

"-We're having her stay for a while to teach you a thing or two"

"When she runs out crying don't say I didn't warn you," Chaeyoung said "Can I be excused? Yes, great I'm excusing myself bye" Chaeyoung left with that being said.

Chaeyoung laid on her bed staring at the ceiling, Jihyo sat on her bed beside her "She's coming tomorrow by the way"

"You knew about the ambush too?" Chaeyoung got up and sat beside her. "Come" Jihyo signaled to her lap, Chaeyoung placed her head on Jihyo's lap and looked up at her as she was being caressed "They're trying you know?"

"No hard enough"

"They're your parents-"

"Funny you say that cause you're the only mom I know" Chaeyoung confessed "I love you kid"

"I love you too"

"Just try to hear them out m-"

"Stop talking about them just hold me" Jihyo held Chaeyoung in her arms and kissed her on the forehead.

Jihyo softly rocked her and began singing to her and all Chaeyoung's problems faded away.

_____________________

I changed the cover I think it's prettier

👑