8.

after reading over this book again

I was high key too embarrassed to update yesterday

I'm such a cheesy romantic I apologize 

"There's a ball tomorrow night," Jihyo said. Chaeyoung sat upright on her bed "That has nothing to do with me."

"Mina will be there and your parents want you to come this time, but you have to be on your best behaviour and stick to Mina's side at all times so you don't cause trouble your mom's words not mine""I don't wanna go," Chaeyoung said, Jihyo laid the dress on the table. It was open a dot short halter 1950's dress with a and defined waistline. "You have to I had to bargain with your mother just to allow you to wear this dress""It is quite my style but I refuse if I have to be there with Mina" Chaeyoung groaned and threw herself back on the bed "Why? Because you guys kissed?"Jihyo asked, "How'd you know?!" Chaeyoung exclaimed."Maybe because when I came to check on you, you weren't in your room plus I peeped only for a second the real question is how far did it go?""We did nothing but Kiss I swear," Chaeyoung said defensively "I could tease you about it but I won't I'm feeling nice. It's either don't go and I will be permanently mad at you or do what every little village girl wishes they could and have the best time tomorrow, I don't think Mina would be against it too so I'm sure she'll allow you to have fun""I'm only doing this for you...and this dress" Chaeyoung picked up the dress and stared at it."Nayeon has something in mind for your hair, your parents may not like it so I know you'll love it" Jihyo mentioned, "Whatever it is then yes I love to give them another reason to disown me."______________________The ball wasn't up to her standards it was just prissy people drinking way too much champagne. Chaeyoung was now debuting her newer shorter hair. She left beautiful and she really liked it, it was a real confidence booster. However, she was still unsettled.Chaeyoung felt like she didn't fit in and the anxiety of being in such a large crowd hit her like a wave. She started hyperventilating shortly after she realized she really couldn't take it anymore."Chaeyoung there you are I've been looking for you all night"Mina was wearing a sleek back low ponytail, her dress was fine quality sleek, a straight rose gold colour with fine straps and it was a little below the knee. Chaeyoung snapped back to reality and seemed to calm down. "What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung tried to sass at her."I'm kind of your babysitter remember?" Mina joked "Well you look nice...I guess""If you find me hot you could just say I know. It's not really my style though but a princess has to live up to those standards set in place""Those are shitty-""Your parents are coming, don't use that kind of language smile and be polite" Mina nudged and said through her huge grin " What's in it for me I get nothing out of being nice to those so-called parents not even they're just creators of mine""If you don't do as I say you wouldn't like to find out what's next" Mina whispered in her ear "Whatever it is It's probably not as bad compared to being nice to my parents" Mina stood beside Chaeyoung and placed her hand on Chaeyoung's back.Mina pinched Chaeyoung as a signal"Mom, dad you both look amazing" Chaeyoung put on the sweetest smile she could. "Thank you Chaeyoung it's nice to see you're trying for once," Her father says."Sweetie why did you change your hair," Her mom said referring her once only black hair now short black hair "I suggested it I feel like bobs make the face look more mature it's kind of a step towards making her more grown-up" Chaeyoung just forced a smile out."I suppose you're right...it does seem so she looks way more mature don't you agree Eunwoo?""Yes of course thank you for taking care of her Mina, you've made her much better in such a small time we must go hold a talk with lady Eunbin now excuse us""Your hair looks amazing by the way" Mina winked "I need a snack" Chaeyoung went over to the snack bar. Mina was nearby talking to some random person while Chaeyoung was stuffing her face with chocolate-covered strawberries"You haven't socialized with anyone yet, you should try it pick someone and go mingle"Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and shoved the whole strawberry in her mouth "What about him?" Chaeyoung pointed out. "No not him and don't eat the whole thing bite it" Mina scolded."Maybe her?""Is she attractive?""Yes of course""Don't talk to her then make friends not lovers" Mina said. "What about her?""I don't know he's more suitable""He's old and expired I don't wanna talk about divorce and knitting" Chaeyoung sighed "Older people have experience it'll be fun""I'm good here then" Chaeyoung picked up another fruit "Don't" Mina took the strawberry from her "Are you trying to starve me?" Chaeyoung asked"Nope at least eat properly, open" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "I'm not a baby I can eat by myself""Princesses, don't eat like pigs," Mina said "That's rude it's not polite to call princesses pigs" Chaeyoung playfully slapped Mina. "There's nothing wrong with pigs" Mina brought Chaeyoung closer by placed her hand on the small of her back "They're cute and edible" Chaeyoung's eyes widened "I don't think that's appropriate to say""Don't have a dirty mind that was purely innocent" Mina ate the strawberry instead "Sure it was, don't be taking other people's food and calling them pigs" Chaeyoung said angrily."If you kiss me now maybe you'll still be able to taste it still" Mina smirked "Stop, we're in public" Chaeyoung tried to push her away "And? Who cares...definitely not me" Mina leaned closer to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung did the opposite of what was expected and leaned closer "Well I don't too""Really?" Chaeyoung could feel Mina's breathe fanning her face. "Y-yes" Chaeyoung's face was completely red "Well then" Mina leaned closer enough that their noses were touching. Chaeyoung got flustered and pulled away "I thought you didn't care?"Mina teased "I got nauseous""I made you nauseous am I that attractive?" Mina asked "S-shut up" Chaeyoung gently hit her again "You're openly an abuser but you won't give me a small peck""I really hate you," Chaeyoung said "You didn't think so when I kissed you I read lips well Ms. Son," Mina said "It was one time drop it please""Fine" Mina let go of her "I'm going to see if that girl over there wants to make out and not forget about it" Mina continued. "What?!" Chaeyoung walked after Mina "Not that I care but you're kind of my babysit remember?"