2.

Chaeyoung's stylist, Nayeon stirred her up at the crack of daybreak with what looked like all the dresses and makeup products found throughout the land.

As soon as Chaeyoung showered she decided to disregard Nayeon's dresses she had handpicked and laid out for her instead she wore a v neck black body con dress, plain and still ladylike is what Chaeyoung imagined.

Jihyo and Nayeon both gazed at each other silently knowing that the latter was thinking the same thing.

"I like it you can't tell me otherwise you're lucky I wore a dress I had something else in mind," Chaeyoung said breaking the silence, "I think you look exquisite, but your mother wouldn't tolerate it"

"Who gives a damn? Not me cause she doesn't give a damn about me." Nayeon tensely smiled and began curling Chaeyoung's hair. "I don't know why I'm getting dolled up like it's my wedding day for one girl"

"Image is significant in the eyes of the public, but especially in private cause anyone can act for the press so you need to put your best self forward and show you're always admirable" Jihyo explained "I'm perfect when I'm myself though I shouldn't have to hold my breath for anyone"

"It's your parents I wish I could run away with you and make your life more normal but they hold so much authority you have no choice but to agree, one day you'll be able to do as you please hopefully but for now just hang in there"

After her makeup and hair look was completed Chaeyoung looked like a complete goddess. The light that was shining on her face was met with the pleasing glittery eye shadow and her pigmented lips gloss. "You look beautiful" Nayeon complimented "Thanks to you, now I have to clench my butt and suck my stomach in for arrogant royals"

"You have a bit of time we'll cover for you," Jihyo said "What would I do without you"

"Go on you have about 30 minutes" Nayeon informed her. Chaeyoung grinned before taking her heels into her hand and running along the passageways barefoot.

She was filled with excitement carrying nothing but the purest smile as she made her way to the art room, passing a bunch of maids, who were setting up for dinner.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung's mother had knocked on her door to find out if she was going to be ready soon "She's almost finished we have to make sure the look is precise your majesty"Nayeon yelled from the other side of the door.

"Can I come in and see?"

Jihyo and Nayeon both gave each other panicked glares "Ah no you cannot madam, when you see it we want you to be surprised"

"I suppose your right...the more the suspense the better"

"We'll have her down in no time can't wait for you to see it but for now you best be on your way to make sure the dinner is perfect we'll take care of Chaeyoung," Nayeon said

"Okay bye sweetie I love you" and she was off on her merry way to check up on the table set up.

Chaeyoung was in the middle of painting her newest art project focusing on the thin black lines as she began outlining the picture. If she got any closer the paint would be all over her nose. Something about painting was freeing for her, it was where she felt her best. The sun met the right side of her face as it peeped through the window.

As she dipped and mixed colors she lost time without noticing 30 minutes turned into a little over an hour.

Jihyo burster through the doors "Your mother is looking for you she's going to have my head for this"

Everyone in the castle had been looking for Chaeyoung, people saw her but no one would pinpoint where she was except for Jihyo and Nayeon. Her mother already figured out their lie shortly after when she visited for the second time

Chaeyoung dropped her brush and picked up her black heels to rush out with Jihyo.

Like the speed of lightning, Chaeyoung bolted toward the dining space having no regard for anything in her way.

"I'm here!" Chaeyoung shouted and sat down. Panting like she had run a marathon, to be fair she did run a long distance.

Chaeyoung watched as her mother's smile fell and be replaced with a rather awkward one "My apologies for having her arrive late" Jihyo bowed and smiled.

Chaeyoung put on her shoes and looked up to be met with an unknown face, a taller girl with short hair and an innocent pure looking face.

"Nice to meet you Chaeyoung," The girl said politely "Uh nice to meet you too..."

"Mina. Myoui Mina"

___________

Yesterday was my birthday
The 8th to be exact

Happy birthday all April born, kind of a sad time to be aging up cause you're stuck inside, if you're an extrovert born in April my sincere apologies but stay inside.

Bye🌸