32 - Part II

[Lamarr]

"So, what do you think?" 

There was that look. Riley placed her hands on the headband of my Carolina blue and white customized Beats, and pulled it from the cluster of curls topping her head as she bit on her bottom lip tentatively.

This woman who stood only an inch over five feet sure did know how intimidate. It was always her facial expressions that would stir up a storm inside you, instilling nervousness and fear. It might have also been the pitch in her tone which would shift and adjust to her mood if need be. She could sound like the sweetest angel on Earth and her smile would exert that, to a demon whose eyes would flare up in anger as she shot the vilest curse words at you. It all gave her away so easily. You knew just how Riley Coleman felt from the pits of her heart strictly from by the curve in her lips, the spark in her eyes, or the language signaled in her posture ...you just knew.

Yet here I was, sitting in her bedroom trying to decipher those same gestures and peep if she was feeling this new music or not. It had been released over two hours ago onto the worldwide web, and if it sucked according to her criteria it was certainly too late. I still needed to know though but she wasn't making it the least bit easy.

"So...?" I grilled, pushing further for an answer.

"It's....something like Rihanna while I'm up in that vagina. Really?" Out of all the lines I wrote on this twenty track mixtape that was the only one that stuck, and the one she wanted to comment on? After all these minutes of trying to read her mind? Amazing.

"Ry come on! Is that really the only line you paid attention to? All those verses and that one struck you?"

"Of course not. It just made me cringe when I heard it. Plus it was in the fourth song, how could I forget it?" she said, sliding across the brown earth toned duvet on her bed to lean against the body pillow at the head of it. "Oh wait, I forgot this one. This line is gold, shit you so bad know your daddy wish that he could still spank you. What the hell?!"

"Okay so maybe that one was a bit weird," I admitted as I stretched my body beside hers. "But seriously, give me real feedback. You're killing me, baby girl."

"Wait, wait. We can't forget this one. I'm tryna get beside you like the number nine? You eat ass now, Lamarr?" Similar to her, my demeanor gave away my thoughts too. From the side eye I slit at her, the pillow I tossed and the repulsed curl in my upper lip, she knew I was disgusted and wouldn't even dream about putting my mouth near somebody's ass.

"Yo you said half of the line. It's I'm tryna get beside you like the number nine, dime. That gives it a totally different meaning. Your jokes are corny and you're starting to irritate me."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." she swore with a chuckle while rubbing her hand over my fresh Caesar cut. "I'm done with the jokes, you're just clever if I should say. I'm serious now, I really liked 2Face. You killed me at don't trip Jesus don't know his father...or it was something like that."

"You mean, don't worry even Jesus never saw his real father?"

"Yes! That one! That line was cold. I love The Autograph, Enchanted and Best Friend of course because I helped write that legendary shit. Oh, Premeditated Murder too! That line and even when it's dark out the sun is shining somewhere, that's inspiring. See World actually made me teary eyed. It's probably one of the realest songs about the life around us out right now, and I'm sure you pissed a few souls off with it too. Damn, I loved the entire tape, Lamarr. This isn't me being bias either. Oh, and you have no business giving it away for free." she scolded, punching me in the arm.