District 3 Interviews

Isabel Stern P.O.V

I twirl around once more in my dress. I've never been really girly, but maybe all this extra stress is getting to me. My outfit is totally me, minus the dress.

It's a pink dress with black polka dots. It has a matching navy blue baseball cap and a fashionable pale green scarf. My favourite part of the outfit's my sunglasses. I have to admit, I look seriously cool.

Vine's wearing a black suit with a meadow green shirt underneath. He yawns, causing the Careers to burst out laughing. They've made up some dumb joke about how all he ever does is sleep. Sad to say, it's true. I'm pretty sure he's depressed.

"Isabel Stern you're on!" The director shouts and I'm thrown onto the stage. I seriously wish I hadn't put the bows that came with my outfit in my hair. I don't look like someone who got a twelve in training.

The crowd crazily cheers as I walk onstage. Hopefully I'm popular in the Capitol. My training score should be able to get some sponcers. I take my seat beside Hazel Bellon. She says a couple things to the crowd and the show begins.

"So I sabel, you're quite the star in the Capitol! Being a volunteer from District 3! Tell me, how'd that happen?" Hazel asks. I could tell them how I'm actually from District 2, I don't know should I? Or should I tell Valista and Ririi first?

The pause has been too long. I guess I'll have to tell them the truth.

"Actually I was born in District 2. I lived there till last year when we got relocated to District 3. It's not too bad, we live in a pretty big house. I was in a great training program in 2. My coach told me to volunteer this year when I left." I say. The crowd looks stunned. Eyes are widened and it appears someone's fainted in the back.

Is it seriously that shocking of a secret?

"So you think you can win?"

"Of course, but not because I've had training, but that I'm not playing the Games like the Careers." I say.

"I'm lost, how aren't you playing the Games differently then the Careers?" Hazel asks.

"I find it horrible how they hunt down the other tributes, and don't care when they kill little twelve-year-olds and don't give a damn!"

"So you won't murder a twelve-year-old?"

"If it was final two I would because I have my family to get back to. But if it was the beginning of the Games I wouldn't!"

"Well, that's actually kind of sweet!" Hazel says. There's a couple of "awwws" from the crowd. Sadly, there's also a couple of boos.

"Next question's your score. Were you pleased?"

"Well, what's not to like. I showed people I can be taken seriously!"

"I couldn't agree more." Hazel says.

"Isabel one more question, is it true that the Careers and your alliance have gotten into a couple of fights?" She asks. How did that get out?

"We did, but the Careers basically attacked us. That Katelyn from 2 is nutty!"

"Well said, good luck Isabel Stern of District 3!" Hazel says and I'm led offstage.