Chapter 5 Wolves

"Ava what's wrong?" I looked up to aunt Mary she was making dinner and helping me while I was doing my homework on the island

"nothing Aunt M" "don't give me that excuse tell me" ugh I'm so gonna regret this " um I met some boys today" "oh how lovely tell me we're they handsome remember to save yourself for the right one"

"no aunt I don't like them they were well awful to me well two of them were the other never said anything" "who are they?" she said through clenched teeth she sounders quite angry "I'm people call them the trio I think their triplets I'm kin-something A-something and Greystoke no greysohmd no grey-something"

"those boys so awful what did they say?" "um they well um suggested that I was an um ehhemm a whore," I say not being able to find the right words

"Those frickin childish playing fudgen boys" she yells talking the pan off the stove and turning around and looking at me "please tell me you told them off please?"

"um I well I didn't that's why I'm upset I did something strange"

"what did you do?"

"I um I kneeled and bared my neck I have no idea why I just did like a force" I say looking at my homework like its the most important thing I ever saw. I look up to see aunt fuming her face red a vein sticking out her head "I'm Aunt?"

"eat your dinner" she says putting a bowl in front of me and going to the foyer and grabbing her coat and leaving the last thing I hear is the slam of the gate.

I look down to the food she made soup beef and Brockley ew but anyway I ate it after eating I look at the Patio it seems like a nice night, so I run upstairs and change into some shorts and a tank top and sandals I also grab a book from one of my favorite series the spooks series I think it is so amazing how I get absorbed into those books.

I seat myself in the same place as yesterday I sit on my left leg with my right one pushing me back and forth.

I get absorbed into this chapter but the ruffling of leaves strikes my attention. I look up to see in the forest three sets of glowing eyes looking at me I slowly close the book and hold it to my chest I look back at them the gently slide my leg to the floor then get up carefully backing my way to the door and just as I'm about 5 paces from the door they attack.

In an instant they are on top of me I cover my face protecting it while trying to shuffle away well trying but not succeeding they have me pined on to the ground my heart is erratic my brain in overload I see them bare their teeth and that's all it takes I squeeze my eyes shut praying that my aunt mum even dad will be okay.

But then I feel something wet and rough over my arm I peek my right eye open to see its crown ears sticking up and twitching in all corners then I feel three wet things and that's when I notice they are licking me they must be getting a taste before eating me so I curl in on myself making myself as small as possible but then I here whining three lots of it and things probably heads rubbing against my body I look up and slowly sit up and look at them they have their heads to the side one ear flopping down to the floor. That's when I realize what they are I never knew there were wolves in Australia I guess there's a first time for everything.

Slowly since I think they didn't mean me any harm I put my hand on the largest ones head slowly stroking it the contact sent sparks through my hand I looked at him it's definitely a him his eyes ber gold and so beautiful his fur black and silky you could just run your hands through it forever. I got so caught up that the others pushed their heads into my body as saying what about us so I petted them as well there was one slightly smaller and had brown and black fur with blue and the shortest one out of the three was brown and white with green eyes they were all so soft and loveable I tubed under their chins and scratched their ears which made their hind legs go I petted them for I have no idea how long but it was late reluctantly I had to leave "I hoot to leave um its late out you know school in the morning. Oh right you don't go to school um I'm gonna miss you boys yesh yesh I am" I end with the baby talk I always used to do when I had a dog when I had bonker he was a cute little samoyed I loved him with all my heart I grew up with him dad bought him for me as a birthday present I loved bonker he was a playful thing.

I remember the day dad left I was only 11 years old but has quite the head on my shoulders when I heard dad was leaving I gave him the thing I loved most since I thought he would forget about me I gave him bonker and told him it's so he doesn't forget me and will always remember me forever he refused but gave in when I wouldn't stop. I broke down when he left I lost the things I loved most then I lost daddy and bonker he never said why he was leaving never Aunt Mary is dad's sister mum has no brothers or sisters but she trusts Mary since they were best friends and still are.

I walk to the house and before I close the door I give a wave to them then close and lock the door I look to the clock to see its 1 am so I go upstairs and straight to bed knowing I will be tired in the morning.