Nerves

_________
Nia's POV

"Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Yes."  There was a long pause. "No, you're not. Breathe. I can feel your anxiety from here." Jay instructed.

"Alright, Gray is gonna play the song for you and you just do what you gotta do. Have fun and don't be too hard on yourself."

"Ok. Thank you." I responded in English. My nerves were still getting the best of me and my mind was on everything else but I knew I had to pull it together since I didn't want to disappoint my boss.

The intro of the song played and I got my voice ready. I started singing the words and remembering the melodies. I was glad I remembered it but I was cut off halfway. "Nia, I know you're nervous but you can't let it get to you. People will be able to feel that energy in your songs." Gray warned me.

Jay agreed and added on to it. "Now, I don't know what he did to you last night but I'm pretty sure this song is about your idol boyfriend right? The BTS member, Jungkook?"

"H-he's not my boyfriend."

"Well whatever he is to you or whatever he did, you need to take those emotions and pour your heart into this song. Feel it and take your pain or anger out on him through the music. The reality of it will carry on to your listeners and make them relate with you. Now go."

"Ok, I'll try."

The music started again and I had to let everything go. I couldn't think about the fact that there were other AOMG artists in the room like Woo Wonjae and Loco. I couldn't think about what I should make for dinner either. This was what mattered right now.

I delivered the lyrics more straight forward this time. I carried my runs perfectly like I wanted them to go. There were a few high notes that I hit and I could tell that everyone in the room was feeling it from outside of the booth.

I had Jungkook's bucket hat on my head. I had just put it on because I thought it looked good with my outfit but now I feel like it's fueling my fire...in a good way.

When I was finished, I opened my eyes and I noticed everybody clapping for me. I smiled. They told me that the message to my song was powerful and that I have an interesting but beautiful vocal technique. Loco said it was a cool R&B tone.

I recorded my three songs and it took four hard-working hours with two breaks in between. The team congratulated me on recording my first project and told me that I was doing well. I said bye to everybody except for Jay. I couldn't find him.

I walked out into the lobby and stopped by the huge 3-dimensional A.O.M.G. letters on the gold wall with the globe for the "O". I took my phone out of my purse and took a picture in front of it.

"Hey." "Aish." I replied with a jump. "Sorry I scared you." Jaebum apologized. I laughed and said it was ok.

"I'm sorry if I made you relive your pain back there. I just wanted to help."  "Oh no, it's fine. You helped me. I'm not nervous when recording anymore. Thank you for that."

He nodded and started walking with me to the parking lot. "It's none of my business whether you and Jungkook are dating but I just want to know if you're ok." He asked sincerely.

I laughed before replying. "Ugh, I'm okay..a little hurt. But I'll be better soon."

"Ok, kid. I'll be praying for you. It's not fun to have a broken heart." We made it outside.

"Do you need a ride to your condo?" He offered.

Don't worry ya'll. He's not a weirdo. He put all his artists who might need a place to stay in the same condo that I stay in so that's how he knows.

"Nah. It's fine. I'll just ride the bus again." "You sure?" Yeah, Thank you. "Alright see you later, Nia." "You too, Jay."