Chapter 11: The Power of Two

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room Cobalt Bullet and Phantom Girl were nearing the end of their battle with Black Viper.

Both heroes were exhausted and battered, covered in bruises and bloody scratches.
But they remained vigilant.

Black Viper stood across from them, her black painted fingernails dripping with blood, and a wicked smile on her face.
"Come on little heroes, give me all you've got!"
She cackled.
Cobalt Bullet looked at the villain, and then to Phantom Girl.
"You're going to regret those words, Phantom Girl get ready!"

He said.
Phantom Girl nodded.
"Ready when you are!"

Cobalt Bullet nodded back.
"Now!"

He shouted.
Phantom Girl grinned and the stretched out her hands the front of her, and a plume of thick black smoke erupted from her palms.
Black Viper looked around as the shadows blocked her vision.
"What good will this do?"

"I will find you!"
She snarled.
Suddenly, as the villain rapidly looked around Cobalt Bullet ran towards Black Viper with a look of determination on his face.
The shadows dissipated, and Black Viper was surprised to see the hero in front of her.

" That was a foolish move I'm going to kill you this time!" She growled .

Cobalt Bullet grinned.
"No, you're going down this time!"

And then his eyes glowed a cobalt blue shade, and he stretched out his hands in front of him.
And then a blast of blue energy exploded towards the villain and formed into a mass of blue chains, and they whipped around Black Viper and tightly bound her in the spot.
But then the weight of the chains increased, causing the villain to fall to the floor.
Black Viper cried out with rage as she struggled against the chains.
"Damn you!"

She screamed.
Cobalt Bullet and Phantom Girl stood over her.
" Don't ever underestimate us again, remember that next time."
He said.

Now that Black Viper was detained, the heroes looked over to where Crimson Justice was fighting Silverbeast.

"We should get over there Phantom Girl, I looks like he might need some help."

He told her.
Phantom Girl nodded with a smile.
"Then what are we waiting for?"
" let's go! "

She exclaimed.
And then without any further hesitation they ran to the other side of the room.