[3]- Millions Of Emotions

"Zoya, Zoya baby! Come and have your breakfast." He shouted, placing the small bowl on the dining-table. "Zoya!" Hearing no response, he shouted again. He folded his hands against his chest and sighed, a little louder.

A little girl came running all the way and hugged his legs with her tiny arms. His thin line soon turned into a curve as he picked her up and nuzzled his nose in her tiny stomach as loud giggles escaped her mouth.

"Oh what fun is to trouble your daddy! No?" He held her tiny frame in his arms and made her sit down on the chair while the little one giggled. "Come on, Zo you get to finish this like a good girl and then I'll get you ready for school. Okay?" She nodded, a wide smile on her chubby face.

"Papa, will you drop me to school today?" She said with a pout, melting his heart. "My baby! Of course I will." Saying so, he kissed her cheeks while she did the same.

"Look at you, you look so pretty." He rested his arms on her tiny shoulders while she giggled. "Just like mumma?" She said, smiling. A lump formed in his throat at the mention of her name.

"Aditya, Mrs. Hooda is suffering from brain tumour. Please try and understand. The tumour is quite severe. We are scared we might lose her."

The doctor's voice echoed in his ears as fresh tears welled in his eyes. "Yes baby, just like your mumma." He said in a quivering tone as a lump formed in his throat. "Go, give mumma a kiss." He said, not wanting to burst out in front of the poor little girl. "Okay!" She replied shortly, ran away to her room while he wiped the lone tear off his face.

"Mumma, Zo baby loves you. I am going to school okay? You please don't let my papa cry, baby doesn't likes it. I'll see you soon, okay?" She dropped a kiss on the photo frame she held in her hand which had a picture of her mother. "I love you mumma and papa also loves you." She smiled and placed the frame back to the table.

"Bye my darling. Don't trouble your teacher okay? Be a good baby." He said holding her little hands in his palms and then kissing her forehead to which she giggled.

"Miss? Aren't you forgetting something?" He said which she pouted. "What?" She said with a confused expression. "My kisses?" He said followed by a smile which made her laugh. She dropped a long kiss on his cheeks. "I love you princess." He said. "I love you more." She said in a childish voice as he was drawn back to the memory lane.

"That's what mumma says. No?" She added while he nodded sadly.

•••

He dropped his tired body on the couch and said, "Dolly Didi, A glass of water!" He hung his head on the couch and stared at the ceiling. He let out a heavy sigh while he got drowned into the bittersweet memories.

"How much time do I have?" Zoya said taking his hand in hers and looked at him with tears welled in her eyes. He removed his hand off her.

"Zoya, I don't want to talk about it. Please." He said, softly and he felt his heart would burst out with the amount of pain he was suffering with.

She slowly took a seat near him and said in a low tone, "Whom are you fooling Adi? What did the doctor say? How much time do I have. I know it, I can feel it within my body, Adi." She said, sadly while tears glittered in his eyes.

"6 months..minimum.. 1 year--2 years maximum." He said as a lone shinning tear rolled down his eyes through his cheeks. She smiled sadly but as soon as her eyes fell on him, she sighed saying, "Why are you crying, Adi? Let's expect the least, I have 6 months with me....I want to live these and I don't want any tears." She said wiping his tears. "Please, for me." She added.