[11.1]- Je T'aime

1...2...3 Happy New Year, you guys!? Oh my goodness, what a crazy yet unforgettable year it has been. Welcome 2021 and bring all of us happiness, prosperity, health and wealth.

So, on this very special occasion. I am back...and not only me..but with someone else...guess guess guess. You might know her she is a pretty famous in our little fandom of writers, my ajjiz dost, the one and only....shruxfantasia. It's been a crazy experience writing this shot with you and I can't wait to read your reviews. So without any further delay, let's get into the very very long chapter.

•••

It was a pleasant Mussoorian morning and the birds were chirping, enjoying the tender weather as the sun rose, while the young girl finished her prayer and opened her eyes. A sweet smile on her lips, she kept her mat in the corner and ran to change herself into her school uniform.

Today was her first day as an eleventh grade student and she was feeling strangely excited and positive about this whole year. Studious, she made up to grab great scores at her board exams, making her parents proud of her, and she promised herself she would always keep her family's trust on her.

"Good morning, ammi.", the elder's cheerful voice reached the mother's ears and she turned to look at her, a smile adorning her face when she hugged her from behind.

"Good morning, beta. So, ready for this new year?", she asked as she continued making the breakfast.

"Like every year.", she widely smiled back and was about to dip her finger in the green chilli chutney when a soft tap on her hand stopped her.

"Wait to get served like everyone. Now help me set the table up.", and pouting at her mother, she took the dishes to the dining table, before taking out the plates and needed cutlery for everyone.

"Arey wah! My princess is already awake and ready for the day.", she looked up the stairs to see her father walking down, cleaning his glasses with his kerchief before wearing them, as he smiled at her. "Now my day is surely going to be good."

"Good morning, abbu. Slept well?", she rushed to hug him like every morning and asked, as he patted her head.

"When a man has all the happiness and contentment, a life filled with peace and love from his family, he would surely sleep well.", saying so, he kissed her crown before hearing the slow steps behind them. "I know it's you, Kohinoor"

Zoya looked behind her father's back and chuckled at her sister grimacing, failing into pranking their father, and the little girl ran to hug his waist, the old man laughing at her antics. "Good morning, abbu, and appi."

"Morning to you too, my little princess.", he caressed her curly hair as she giggled.

"Good to see you all are here. Chalo, let's have breakfast.", at the mere mention, the younger daughter left her father and ran to dive into her favourite ammi wale aalo paranthe, making her father and sister laugh while the mother playfully glared at the both.

•••