Chapter 2- Misunderstandings

Sanem woke up to see Jan still sleeping. 'Ah...he must be exhausted after working for this whole week.' She made a genuine smile at him before getting off the bed.

Sanem quickly washed up and brushed her hair before running downstairs to make breakfast for him. 'Another day, another meal...another lonely, passing day with Jan..' She thought as she took out some eggs and vegetables from the fridge.

"I guess I'll just make an omelet today." Sanem muttered to herself as she also took out a frying pan. She placed it on the stove, poured a little oil in it and turned up the fire. She gazed around the lonely kitchen. Everything was so dull. Sanem slowly turned back and cracked the eggs into the pan, hearing the hot sizzle as it hit the oil. She turned the fire to low and proceeded to chop the vegetables into small pieces. She slid them in into the eggs and tossed it around.

Sanem quickly took out a plate and slid the omelet onto it. She opened the fridge, poured a glass of milk and walked over to the dining table. She put the plate of omelet and the glass of milk down on the table, along with a fork and a napkin.

Sanem sat down and waited for Jan to come downstairs.

Jan slid on a white, long T-shirt that embraced his arm muscles and abs and pulled on a pair of blue jeans. He guessed that Sanem was probably cooking breakfast already, since he could smell the aroma of eggs. He went downstairs to see Sanem sitting alone at the dining table, staring out into space.

Quietly, he walked over and sat down next to her. He narrowed his eyes, realizing that there was only one plate of omelet.

Sanem smiled at him. "I'm not hungry. You should eat. I'll go do the laundry in a bit."

Jan just averted his eyes to the food and started eating.

She looked at him while he ate...he was even graceful when he was eating. Why was he so perfect? Sanem sighed and stared down at her lap. She honestly didn't know how she stuck with him this long.

Ja  glanced at her and noticed her distant expression. "What's wrong?"

Sanem was actually surprised that he even cared to ask. She looked up at him, but her hopes died when she saw no emotion or worry in his eyes. "...nothing, Jan."

This was the first time Sanem had avoided a question from him. Obviously, something was wrong. "Tell me." He ordered.

Sanem didn't understand how he could just order her around like a pet...and she was actually so weak to obey him all this time. Quietly, she stood up and excused herself from the table. Her heart was thumping...she had never once ignored Jan's orders to her. Will he be angry with her?

No, of course not. He didn't care enough for her attitude to irritate him.

Sanem approached the stairs and took a step up, but she gasped in surprise when she felt someone grab her wrist. She turned around to see Jan giving her that usual cold glare.

"Did you just ignore me?"

Sanem admitted she was afraid of this side of him. If looks could kill, she would probably be dead by now. "Really, nothing is wrong, Jan." She said reassuringly.

"...you're lying." Jan didn't buy it.

Sanem gazed down at the way he was holding her wrist. Even though it wasn't in a nice way, she was happy that he touched her. They never made physical contact unless it was necessary.

"You really wouldn't care." Sanem dared to say and looked at him straight in the eyes, despite how scary they were.

"If I didn't care, then why would I be asking?" Jan hissed.