Chapter 9-All that is left

-😊😍🥰
Enjoy

Sanem stood in shock.

He finally said it. He finally said what she was so scared of hearing. He wanted her to leave him...he wanted a divorce.

She honestly didn't know what to say anymore. She opened her mouth, but no words came out.

Jan looked away. "...then...I'll file the divorce papers within a week and a half. I'll also notify our parents by next Saturday." He replied before turning around to leave and go upstairs.

Sanem suddenly took a step forward and grabbed his sleeve.

Jan froze. He could feel her fingers shaking.

"...if...if you want me to leave...why didn't you just divorce me sooner?"

Jan glared at the ground. So she wanted to leave sooner? She was just waiting for him to say it? He knew it all along. She hated this marriage, she hated him...and she couldn't wait to get out of it.

"Well, I'm doing it now, aren't I?" He said, a little too harshly, and jerked away from her.

Sanem just watched silently as he walked away and went upstairs. She felt like crying...but she refused to let her tears come. "...so he wants me to leave..."

She walked over to the couch and laid down, staring at the coffee table silently. Like she said, she'll go with it. She'll accept the divorce if he wanted it. She didn't want to force him to stay in this marriage if he didn't want to.

But damn...she didn't know it'll hurt this much.

Sanem let out a shaky sigh and closed her eyes. "Whatever makes you happy, Jan..." She whispered.

She didn't feel the two tears that ran down her cheeks as she slowly drifted to sleep.

Jan was laying on the bed, staring into the darkness.

He couldn't describe what he was feeling right now...it was like, anger, sadness, and confusion, all at once.

It hurt.

He didn't know that he could ever feel like this. It was devastating. It made him feel weak.

He was going to lose her...he was really going let her go...they were really going to get a divorce.

After a while of quiet thinking to himself, he wondered why Sanem hadn't come up yet. Jan narrowed his eyes and got out of bed. He walked out of the room and went downstairs to see that all the kitchen lights were still on.

'Where's Sanem...?' Jan walked quicker and she was no where in the kitchen...then he turned around and saw her asleep on the couch.

'So she won't even sleep with me?' He sighed and went over to her. He knelt down so he was at her level and gazed at her face.

She was so perfect...so beautiful. He loved every part of her.

Hesitantly, he reached up to swipe away some bangs that were in the way of her eyes. His fingers froze when he felt something wet...then he realized there were tears at the corner of her eyes. Jan blinked curiously and wiped them away.

'She's...crying...?' He hated it when she cried. It made it him feel like it was his fault...well...it kinda was his fault. But why would she be crying? They were getting a divorce. She should be happy.

"Why are you crying?" He whispered worriedly and gently caressed her cheek. His thumb softly ran over her lips and his eyes gazed at them for a while. He had never kissed her...not even at the wedding. He refused to, and their parents agreed to not let them kiss since they didn't know each other very well.

But now he regretted it.

He wanted to kiss her...but then that would be taking advantage of her. Jan let out a sigh and stood up. As carefully as he can, he lifted her up and carried her upstairs.

When he got to their bedroom, he laid her down and pulled the covers up to her shoulder. Hesitantly, he leaned down and placed a featherlight kiss on her forehead. His lips trembled when he pulled away...he didn't know why he didn't do this more often...she was so precious; he should've at least taken care of her better.

'But that's why I'm letting her go.' He thought and gazed at her.

"This is all I can do for you, Sanem, Find someone better, smile more...be happy..."