Chapter 4- D-divorce

The next morning, Sanem's eyes fluttered opened.

She felt something against her and gasped when she saw Jan. Then she remembered what had happened last night and blushed...and he was still holding her.

'So...he cares...?' She thought. Last night seemed so unreal. The way he embraced her, the way he held her so tightly, and the way he spoke so gently...it all seemed like her dreams were becoming reality. Last night he had became the husband she longed for, but she didn't know how she would face him now.

Besides, they didn't really communicate well, so it would be awkward anyways.

Slowly, Sanem pushed his arms from her waist and scooted quietly away from him, getting off the bed. After washing up and changing, she went downstairs to do her daily routine for Jan.

Jan's eyes slowly opened and he let out a small yawn. He realized that Sanem wasn't there with him and knew that she was probably cooking already.

He let out a sigh and turned so that he faced the ceiling. It felt so unreal when he embraced her last night. She didn't push him away or bother to get away either.

But then he still had doubts that she was just probably too scared or shocked to move.

Slowly, he sat up and ran his hand through his hair, brushing the tangles in it. He wondered how he would face her. He knew it was going to be awkward now.

Hopefully, she'll just brush away what happened yesterday. Knowing her, she wouldn't ask about it anyway.

Sanem sat at the dining table and again, she only had one plate for Jan. She didn't have much of an appetite since her thoughts were filled with what had happened yesterday.

She could feel her heart beating faster when she saw Jan come down the stairs. He didn't bother to look up at her and sat down. He stared down at his plate and narrowed his eyes. "You're not eating again."

Sanem blinked. "I...I'm not hungry."

"You said that yesterday."

"Yea, but I'm not hungry...again."

He opened his mouth, attempting to say something, but he stayed quiet. He wanted to communicate better...to show her that he really cared about her. But it was just so damn hard. And it seriously felt awkward.

Sanem stared down at her lap as Jan ate. 'Of course. He wouldn't mention what he did yesterday. What was I thinking...that he would actually return the feelings I had for him?' Sanem sighed at her own stupidity.

After he was done eating, he pushed the plate away gently. "I'm going to work." He muttered.

"Today? But it's a Sunday." Sanem blinked.

"I need to tend to some things at the office." He simply replied and took out a tie from his pocket, putting it around his collar. He stood up and walked over to the door.

Sanem also stood up and followed him. She watched as he slipped on his shoes and noticed his tie was a bit crooked.

Just as Jan grabbed his suitcase and opened the door to go, Sanem mustered up the courage to stop him.

"Wait."

Jan froze in his steps and stopped.

"...um...your tie...let me fix it..." Sanem murmured quietly and took a cautious step closer to him, scared that he would reject her and just tell her that he'll fix it himself. But to her surprise, as she raised up her arms to fix the tie, he made no move to stop her.

Her fingers trembled as she tightened it and angled it so that it was straight. She was so nervous...she was standing so close to him. If she looked up, their faces would only be inches apart. After she was done fixing the tie, she stepped back. "...I'll make dinner for you." She replied and forced a smile at him.