Chapter 6- Heart connection

Without replying, he just dragged her along to the store. Sanem walked over to a small black dress. It was simple, but it was really cute. She opened her purse and shuffled around for her wallet. To her surprise, Jan took the dress and went over to the cashier, giving him the money. The cashier folded the dress and placed it into a fancy bag.

"Come on." Jan replied as he took the bag and walked out.

"Jan, I could've paid for it." Sanem quickly ran out after him. "How much was it anyways?"

"85 dollars." He muttered.

Sanem gasped. "I'm sorry. You really didn't have to-,"

"You talk too much." He interrupted.

Sanem immediately shut her mouth. She hated it when she annoyed him. But seriously, he could let her pay for her own things. 85 dollars for a simple dress like that, it wasn't worth wasting his money on her.

Jan didn't understand why she was so damn considerate. He was the husband. He was supposed to buy her all these things, despite the price. She was worth it.

They went around, buying some more stuff (with Jan paying for most of it, of course), and then stopped for a little bathroom break.

"Just wait a little out here. I'll be right out." Sanem replied before going into the bathroom.

Jan looked down at all the things they bought. His mind still lingered on the heart necklaces earlier. To be honest, he really wouldn't mind buying it and wearing it. He could probably go back, buy it, and come back in time before Sanem was done. Grabbing all the bags, he quickly walked back to go buy the necklaces.

Sanem looked at herself in the mirror and fixed her hair. She sighed and stared down at the sink.

She was really happy that Jam actually came out with her today, but she wanted more. She wanted to hold his hand, wanted to hug him, wanted to show others that they were a loving married couple.

Sanem shook her head. She wanted to do that...but she knew she couldn't. Things will never change for them. She just had to accept that.

After washing her hands and quickly drying them, she walked out of the bathroom, only to find that Jan wasn't there. Sanem blinked and looked around but he wasn't anywhere. 'Maybe he went to the bathroom, too...' She thought and decided to wait outside.

She narrowed her eyes when she ended up waiting for quite a long time. A few men came out of the restroom, but Jan didn't. 'Where did he go?' Sanem was starting to panic. He wouldn't just...leave her here, would he?

Sanem clamped her hands together and glanced around frantically. What if he really did? What if he really took the opportunity to leave her? Sanem gasped when someone suddenly nudged her shoulder.

She turned around to see a random guy smiling at her. "You alone?"

"Um...no, no I'm not." She shook her head and resumed to looking for Jan.

"You lying? Cause I certainly don't see anyone else here." The guy grinned.Sanem clearly saw his intentions and just glared at him. "I'm married. Don't touch me." She hissed and walked away.

"Whoa, whoa, you're married? You're still so young," The guy quickly grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"If you don't let go, I'm gonna scream-,"

"Do it, then, hm? Will your husband come to save you? If you even have one..." The guy snickered and his grip tightened on her.

"Let go!" Sanem tried to pry his fingers off her.

"Why so stubborn? We could have some fun, y'know?" The guy pulled her closer.

Sanem closed her eyes tightly and was about to scream, but someone harshly jerked her away. Her eyes opened to see who it was. She turned slightly and gasped in surprise when she saw Jan giving a death glare to the guy.

"Touch her again, and I'll kill you." He threatened.

Without waiting for the guy's reply, he grabbed Sanem's hand and dragged her with him. She blushed and gazed up at him curiously. "...Jan?"

He didn't reply and only entangled his fingers with hers tighter. He was so pissed off right now. If any other men tried to even look at her, he'll seriously kill someone. His life resided in her and it's like he felt threatened at her danger.

They drove back home in silence.

Jan parked the car and got out, slamming the car door.

Sanem also got out and followed after him. "...Jam..."

He wouldn't answer. He opened the door, dropped the bags down and slipped off his shoes.

Sanem slowly closed the door and took off her own shoes, setting it down by her purse.

She followed him to the kitchen where he grabbed a cup and drank some water. She bit her bottom lip nervously. "...where...where did you go...?"

He stayed silent for a few moments, staring down at the empty glass cup. He sighed and then slowly reached into his pocket to get something.

Sanem's eyes widened when she saw him pull out two necklaces. It was the heart one she was looking at earlier!

Jan put one around his neck and then walked over to her with the other one. Sanem stood frozen as he put the necklace on her. She blinked curiously...how did he know she wanted it?

"You were staring at it." He replied, as if he read her mind.

"But...why did you go get it?" Sanem asked quietly.

Jam withdrew his arm back. Did she not want it, then? Was she staring at it simply because it was pretty?

Of course. He was so stupid. Why in the world would she ever want to share a couples necklace with him?

But he didn't realize Sanem was thinking the exact same thing.

Seeing how he didn't answer her, she grabbed her half of the heart and slowly reached for his. He watched as she grabbed his half and then put it together with hers, so that it was a complete heart.

"...I know you don't really want to wear it...but thank you for buying this. It was the one thing that I really wanted." She smiled genuinely at him.

So she did want it. But what could that mean? Probably just for the heck of it. He would never believe that she would ever fall in love with him.

Sanem glanced at him, but couldn't bring herself to look at him properly. Realizing how close they were, she could feel her heart beating faster and quickly took a step back and let go of the necklaces. "I'll make lunch." She simply replied before walking past him to the refrigerator.

But one thing still stuck in her mind. Why was he so mad earlier?

He didn't love her, so he couldn't possibly be jealous.

...Right?