When reality hits

Kong is walking towards their department after coming from Bangkok University for his class when he met is father in the hallway. His father is doing some research right now that he barely sees him meet patients as he also juggles it with his job as the hospital director.

"Kong, come over to the house for dinner. Your mom misses you." Kong is surprised by his father's words. Thinking about Thinking about it, it has been more than a month since he last visited their home and that somehow made him guilty.

He still meets Rome and the kids when they come over to the hospital for monthly check-up though.

"I'm sorry for not coming often dad." Kong apologized which only made his father laugh.

"Son, you're a married man now. We'll be worried if you come over often." He replied making Kong chuckle.

"I promise to come over dad. I'll see if Arthit is available." And they parted ways.

He called Arthit but to his disappointment, Arthit has an important meeting that may end by 9pm.

+

When Kong arrived in their house, sudden flush of emotions came into him as if he wanted to cry but he tried his best to control himself. He was greeted by the kids and he held little Emma in his arms from Pete.

Again, he wanted to cry with the nightmare that has been eating him alive but he tried to stop himself.

Kong went to greet his mother who welcomed him in a warm hug.

"Oh my youngest, mom misses you so much!" Shine hugged Kong tighter making Kong try his best to stop himself from crying, again. Being in his mother's embrace makes Kong want to just let all his frustration out.

The dinner was good and Kong missed his mother's cooking. He doesn't have any appetite these days that he lives with crackers and random drinks just to get him through the day. The breakfast at home goes out the moment he arrives in the hospital as he feels like floating during his drive that puking his entire breakfast is the only thing that can relieve him.

After dinner, they drank some tea in the living room while talking about random things.

"Arthit has been coming over to visit sometimes." Shine's words caught Kong off guard. He doesn't know this and Arthit never mentioned.

"Actually, he said that I shouldn't tell you since you may feel bad about it." Shine continued as she saw the expression on her son's face, a visible pout forming.

"He said that you have been very busy with work." Shine added and Kong can only sigh. How can Arthit be so attentive like this?

"Make sure to take good care of yourself my baby. You look thinner than the last time I saw you." Shine said as she cupped her son's face.

"I am taking good care of myself and I am eating well mom. I don't even feel lighter at all." Kong replied with a smile, lies flowing from his lips naturally.

"Arthit is here!" Kong got surprised with Rome's sudden announcement. True to his words, Arthit followed behind Rome in a little while with paper bags in his hands.

Arthit came to greet his parents and gave him a kiss on his temple before proceeding to give the paper bags to the kids.

"Hi there little Emma." Arthit cooed as Pete handed the giggling Emma on his arms. Arthit started to cuddle the baby while the rest are watching the scene with love in their eyes.