Chapter 7

The Confederate Fleet entered Coruscant's orbit. Tol Cressa, who was waiting on a Capital Ship in space, was impressed. The General's Armada was bigger than a standard fleet, and good-equipped. He could see some weapons he hadn't seen before. He contacted the Invisible Hand.

'General, welcome to Coruscant! I assume this is your first time here?

'No...

'Oh, have you been here already? For what purpose?

'You have no idea... But let's forget the formalities. Now that you see what I'm offering, what do you say?

'You have an impressive force, I give you that. But it doesn't compare with our ships!

'Still the arrogant fool? Maybe I should just destroy you to show how capable I am.

'That wouldn't be necesarry! So, have you aquired the information we need?

'Yes... It seems Revan is hiding on the planet Rakata.

'Haven't heard of it before...

'You may have not, but the Jedi Archives must have some informations. At least coordinates. So I'm going to the Jedi Temple now. We will speak later.

'If you wish so... I hope you have luck! I'll return to the Senate Building. Farewell , General!

'Likewise, Chancellor!

Grievous went to Bastila's quarters to announce their landing. He, again, didn't knock and entered the room. To his surprise , no one was there. He growled in frustration. Where could she be? He began searching the room, when he heard some lightsaber slashes on the corridor. Jedi scum, trying to escape!

Much to his amazement, she entered the room, before he could even ger out. He was hiding in the shadows, so she didn't observe him. She was too busy dragging droid components into her room. What caught Grievous' attention, was the datapad she was holding. After she finished, she layed exhausted on her bed, and started reading. Hm... What was she reading? The General thought. He decided to show his pressence by hissing:

'So... you're stealing datapads, ungrateful Jedi!

'What? How... she began looking at him scared. With a menacing gaze, Grievous approached her and took her datapad.

'War informations?

'The Clone Wars... you are an enemy of the Republic! You killed Jedi! You even listen to a Sith!

'That may be true...

'Why should we trust you?

'Well, I assure you, I don't want to fight the Republic and Revan's Empire at the same time. Plus, you should know that there are dangers in the Unknown Regions. Still, I want to...

'What?

'I need to learn.

'You? What could you learn?

'Better lightsaber duel styles! You see, your holocrons you are possessing in the Jedi Temple are the keys for powerfull duelist. I need acces to them! And I need your help?

'Why would I help you?

Grievous remained silent. He didn't know what to say. And begging to a Jedi was not an option.

'Because I rescued you!he said in the end.

'That not a reason.

'Yes it is! Why wouldn't you help a being in need?

'Are you kidding? You want to learn to win the war you are waging in the future. There's no way I'm going to let you do that.

'You don't understand. My masters are Sith! They cannot be allowed to rule the galaxy! I can't defeat them though, because I am not as skillful as I need to be.

'No.

Grievous growled. He was losing his patience. He could use force ... but that would go to nowhere.

'I appeal to you a second time. Help me get into the Jedi Temple to the Jedi Archives.

'That would mean treason to my Order.

'Arghhh! Fine! I don't need you. My intelect is enough to win this war. I'll convince Tol Cressa to let you rot here. Goodbye, Jedi Scum!

'What? You can't...

The General locked the door and set it to a subzero temperature. Foolish girl. She will suffer for this. He will get by Force into the Jedi Temple if he had to...