Chapter 17

'Sir, the Invisible Hand is hiding under the Space Station's shields.

'What a coward can Grievous be! Still, why doesn't he leave?asked Anakin.

'The Corellia Space Station has very important data. The General can't just leave and abandon his mission. He sacrificed a huge fleet for it.

'And not save his skin?

'Well, maybe he is still thinking about a plan, Obi-Wan said. We must find a way to destroy that Space Station.

'Unfortunately, we must destroy it.

'Hm...

In the meantime on the Invisible Hand's Command Deck...

'Sir, we are unable to think of a plan of escape.

'The Space Station trick won't be much of a use soon!

'We know but...

Grievous smashed the droid's face. Metalical particles jumped in the air.

'Contact Count Dooku now!

After a few minutes, no one answered.

'Sir, we are on our own.

'Was this a suicide mission? Did Dooku wanted to get rid of me? Very well! We will die then.

However, in his mind, Grievous was thinking of an escape, leaving the Invisible Hand for good and leaving the Confederacy. He knew Sith were the same. Betrayers.

'Destroy the Space Station and start shooting at their flagships! I want the Resolute targeted down!

'Right away, sir!

On the orbit, a massive explosion appeared all of a sudden. The massive structure above Corellia was destroyed. From the wreckage, General's Grievous flagship started attacking the Republic Fleet.

'Is he mad?

'No, it's a trick... he can't go for a suicide all-out attack.

'You are right. Everyone, send the squadrons. We won't engage the ship so soon.

The battle started to rage on. The Invisible Hand was a modfied Providence Class Ship, very huge and powerfull. It could withstand hours of battle.

'Sir, the squadrons are targeting our engines.

'They want to ground us here! Put the shields at 200% for the engines.

'But that would mean to let something unprotected.

'We don't need the Life Support System defended. No neimoidians are here and I can breath for enough time to survive this battle! I won't let them destroy the engines.

Grievous runned to the Hangar. Shouting at some starfighters, he ordered them to follow him.

Jumping into the Soulless One, he entered the space battle along with the other droids. He started shooting dowm the X-wing squadrons.

'Sir, a Separatist squadron is destroying our bombers and fighters.

'Put the Gold Leader live!

'Sir! We spotted the Soulless One! Grievous is... arghhhh!

The transmission was cut off.

'So... Grievous is defending the engines. He stilk has hopes for survival.

'He is very ambitious, I give him that.

'And a good pilot it seems. Retreat our squadron. The Space Station's debris has dissipated. We can now attack openly the ship. Grievous is out of plans. He really is cornered.

A full hit made Anakin and Rex fall down on the Bridge.

'It seems he is targeting us! Fire!

Grievous returned back at the Hangar. He defended the Engines well. Returning back to the Command Bridge, one Commando Droid stopped him.

'Sir! Count Dooku wants to speak with you!

'Very well! I am going to the Command Deck...

'He wants you to go to the Wizzard's Tower in your quarters and gather your belongings.

'Why?

'You need to leave the ship. Help is coming.

Grievous nodded confused. He went directly to the elevator. While waiting ,a huge hit destroyed the base of the Tower. The elevator and the lights stopped working.

'Arghh!

The General cut the doors and started to climb the lift's tunnel. He started to hear his flahship hit and hit, with more of it's systems going down. It was a matter of time before the Command Deck will be targeted. He reached his quarters. There he found 8 lightsabers, two cloaks and some datapads. He stacked them in his large cape and jumped down the tunnel. He clashed with the ceiling. Cutting a way out, he reached the Hangar in the end. It was being overrun by clones.

'Puny clones! You dare face General Grievous!

Enraged, the Kaleesh Warlord ignited his lightsabers and started to slash his enemies down. Clawing a clone with his foot, he swinged around then crushed the skull of it. Spilling blood around him, one ARC trooper appeared with a rocket launcher. Targeting Grievous, it shot. The General was hit by it and he flew all the Hangar to the wall. Falling down, he saw that clones were approaching. He picked a blaster from a fallen battle droid and started shooting his enemies. He has been a skilled marksman sinece the time he had an organic body, but now his cybernetic brain made him even better. He never missed, giving headshots to all the approaching Republic troops. After a long battle, only the ARC trooper remained. He took cover and started to shoot with two blasters. Grievous was amused. Throwing away his gun, he ran to his last adversary. He punched the clone then he caught him by the throat and chocked him. After a few moments, he impaled him and then threw him in the Hangar's shields. He died electrocuted.

'Filthy clones!

Some magnaguards appeared.

'Sir, you are injured! Your whole armor is covered by black powder.

'There was a rocket shot at me! How did this scums boarded my ship?!

'Sir, the shields have fallen. We can't keep them away. You need to come to the Command Bridge!

'What? And die with those mindless droids!

All around the Hangar, a droid voice sounded:

'Sir! A fleet is emerging from...

A lout blow was heard. The Hangar started to burn. Running to his starfighter, Grievous jumped on the pilot seat and flew away. He looke at the Flagship. It was almost destroyed. In a mere minutes, the Reactor will explode if the attack kept still. Sad, he looked at the enemy fleet. He was shocked to see a Separatist fleet appearing behind them...