Chapter 22

While Grievous was speeding to the Malevolence II hangar, the situation above in the orbit was a bad one. Even if the Venators remained with their shields down, the Aclamator-Class ships were desperately trying to disable the Ion Cannon. Many squadrons of B-wing starfighters were lurking around the base of the Flagship's Superweapon. The Leader of the attack, Jedi Master Shaak Ti, was looking with a bit of suspicion at their seemingly victorious attack. There was no sign of a genius commanding them, as if Grievous left his ship and vanished in space. They would destroy the ship in this way, even if with heavy casualties, and liberate Corellia. A Clone Officer said:

'General, an unidentified ship is leaving the planet. It seems it is a starfighter and is running very fast to Malevolence II.

'That should be the missing Grievous!an Arc Trooper said.

'Yes, Captain, it is General Grievous. I can feel his presence. We must double our efforts to destroy that Ion Cannon!

'But, General, we are doing our best!

'It seems that is not enough... we will need to use a Skywalker method here...

'What do you mean?

'What is the status of Venator Ship GR-912?

'The ship has suffered heavy casualties, but it is still targeting the enemy and the engines are working.

'Tell the crew to abandon the ship, and preset to crash into the Malevolence!

'General, while your idea is a good one, it won't be enough to cripple the ship, barely disable some turrets and corridors.

'No, our move will be quite succesfull. Call the ship and tell them their new orders!

'Yes, General!

Meanwhile, Grievous was masterfully dodging Republic starfighter's shots. He was a very good pilot after all. He was almost reaching the ship's hangar. Fortunately for him, the Ion Cannons were untouched and the battle was going in his favor. He was wondering who was the leader of the attack. He saw then something suspicious... an enemy ship stopped firing and started to move onwards...

He quickly realised the trick. He heard about how Mar Tuuk got defeated after their departure at the Star Forge. Skywalker sent a suicide ship into the Neimoidian's Battleship, resulting in a total defeat. However, the Malevolence was no mere flagship, they couldn't produce a major blow with that move, only if...

Grievous contacted the Command Deck. A droid answered:

'Yes, General!

'Fools! Do you see that Venator ship moving towards you?

'Yes...

'Fire everything we have at the ship! Don't let it touch you!

'But sir, it is in immidiate range... we can't destroy it so easily...

'Now! Commencing attack maneuver.

Grievous observed from his Soulless One how all the turbolasers started to destroy the Venator... but to the General's surprise, the ship resisted, his shields at maximum power , the last they had, and into the engines. Angry, he started to snarls in fury!

'Nooooo! How can this happen! Not again...

Before he could finish his sentence, a mass explosion took everyone's eyes. The Ion Cannon imploded and the Malevolence II crippled under the explosiom from within itself.

Shaak Ti was gratefull her plan worked. The ARC trooper commanded her.

'Well done, General! We actually disable the Flagship!

'Indeed, Captain. The battle is won. Grievous won't be able to save his skin this time.

Grievous contacted the Command Bridge again.

'Yes sir!

'Idiots! Prepare for launch in hyperspace!

'But the battle?

'I don't care! We won't lose this ship! Also, send boarding parties to the Republic Flagship there! We won't leave without giving our best regards to them!

'Yes sir!

'I want all my magnaguards in the task force.

'Right away General!

Grievous cut the transmission. He went directly to Shaak Ti's Venator Star-Destroyer, hoping that a Jedi is there to present a challenge...