𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Part Five: Operation Save The World

2023. China.

The door to the monastery shut with an echo outside as Logan barricaded the door with a wooden plank. Logan turned, walking to the main room, where Charles hovered in his chair with Erik standing beside him. Kitty and Bobby were talking to themselves in the corner, with Hank and Alice awaiting to see what happens.

Logan walked over to the twins, enveloping his children in a hug. He placed gentle kisses on his children's heads before walking over to the table he was to lay on during the process.

" So I wake up in my younger body, God knows where. Then what?" Logan asked.

"You'll need to go to my house and find me. Convince me of all of this." Charles replied, moving forward toward Logan.

"Won't you be able to just read his mind?" Hank asked from the corner, his sister standing next to him, probably wondering the same thing.

"I didn't have my powers in 1973." Charles sighed, turning back to Logan in his chair. "Logan, you're going to have to do for me what I once did for you. Lead me, guide me. I was a very different man then. You'll have to be patient with me."

"Patience is my strongest suit." Logan responded, glancing at the twins, who gave him a smile. 

"You'll need me as well" Erik said, stepping forward in the dimly lit room.

"What?" Logan asked.

"After Mystique and Svetka left Charles, they came with me... and I set Mystique on a dangerous path. A darker path. It's going to take the two of us, side by side... at a time when we couldn't be further apart" Erik continued. 

"You'll need her" Alice chimed in, stepping towards the group. "Grandma, or The White Violin".

"Your daughter is right, Logan. Svetka plays a part in the events. Last I knew, she was living in Queens with our daughter" Erik said

"Lorna? " Logan questioned in disbelief, at the fact of his wife as a child, as Charles nodded in agreement with Erik.

"Great. So where do I find you?" Logan asked, continuing back to the original conversation.

"Well, it's complicated." Erik sighed.

Small Time Skip.

Logan was laying down on the stone table as Kitty went through the potential dangers of the time travel mission. 

" Basically, your body will go to sleep. While your mind travels back in time. As long as you're back there, past and present will continue to coexist. But you once wake up... whatever you've done will take hold and become history. And for the rest of us, it will be the only history that we know. It will be like the last that 50 years never happened. And this world, and this war... the only person who remember it is you." Kitty explained, as Logan understood it. Slightly.

"All right, Logan... I need you to clear your head and to stay as calm as possible" Kitty asked, readying her hands to perform the time travel mission.

"What? What do you mean?" Logan asked.

" If your mind gets rocky, it will be harder for me to hold you... and you could start to slip between past and future." Kitty explained.

"What if I need to get a little rocky?" Logan asked. "Think peaceful thoughts?" Kitty suggested.

"Peaceful thoughts... Do you have any good news?" Logan questioned.

"Well, you don't really age, so you'll pretty much look the same" Kitty said, as Logan looked chuffed.

"You won't have much the time in the past." Bobby said darkly. "The Sentinels will find us. They always do".

"And this time, we won't be able to run. We'll have no escape. This is our last chance!" Kitty continued.

"I don't understand" Hank piped up, as everyone looked at him. "Why can't we just sent Dad back in time, find Baby Trask and, you know". 

Hank made a gesture with his hands to what appeared to be strangling infant Bolivar Trask. Everyone looked at him, with visible concern and horror as Alice whacked his arm. 

"First of all, that is horrible" Bobby snapped, but Hank cut him off. "It's Bolivar fucking Trask, Icicle" Hank retorted with annoyance laced in his tone.

"And second of all, that is murder which is pretty much illegal" Kitty reasoned as Hank rolled his eyes, cursing under his breath. Like father like son, eh?

Charles and Erik went off into their own mysterious little conversation as Kitty's hands were prepped for sending Logan's consciousness back in time.

"See you all soon" Logan said, trying to lighten the mood.

"This might sting a little" Kitty warned as bluey-white light touched Logan's forehead, as he screamed out loud, his claws extending.