𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Part Eight: Xavier Mansion

1973. Westchester County, New York.

Svet's POV

Logan's car was stopped outside the gates of an all-too familiar place

Logan's car was stopped outside the gates of an all-too familiar place. Xavier Mansion. The white paint on the gates was chipped and the gates had a sign on it reading 'Private Property. Keep Out'. Both mine and Logan's eyes glanced at a sign tossed carelessly into the grass beside one of the pillars attached to the gates. Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. 

My heart did a back flip at the memories at the school: The training, Erik and I's first kiss, Erik encouraging me to accept myself. Lorna's chest rose and fell as she lay fast asleep with her head on my lap. Lorna was one to fall asleep during car journey longer than half an hour. My thumb caressed her forehead as I laid a gentle kiss on it.

Small Time Skip

After opening the gates, Logan's car drove around the fountain, which wasn't on, and the hedgerow shaped like an X with a circle around it. The Mansion had more nature, like uncut grass and trees than the last time I'd been here. My heart sunk as the truth hit. Charles was a recluse. But who was he living with? The last time I'd checked, Sean and Alex had both been enlisted into the Vietnam War. Only one coming out alive: Alex. 

I had my sources in the government. Moira. We'd not spoken in five years at least. Kind of sad for a now 36 year old woman.  Logan's car stopped in front of the doors of the house. The Mansion looked abandoned and run down, which was unexpected of Charles, since it was his family home. Leaving Lorna in the car asleep, Logan and I got out of the emerald green car and wandered to the front door.

Logan rapped the knocker against the door, which looked like it hadn't been used in years, as we waited, looking around at how bad it had gotten since Charles presumably closed the house he'd turned into a school from the public. To my surprise, Hank McCoy answered the door, barely opening the door Logan had knocked on.

"Can I help you?" Hank asked, not noticing me, since I'd slipped some shades on, that I'd found in the back seat.

"Uh, yeah. What happened to the school?" Logan questioned as I rolled my eyes underneath the shades.

A look of confusion adorned Hank's face as he replied with "The school's been shut for years. Are you two parents?"

Logan and I looked each other in disgust before replying with a "No!" in unison.

"I sure as hell hope not" Logan scoffed. "Who are you?" 

"I'm Hank McCoy. I look after the house now" Hank replied, as I sighed, whistling slightly as I tapped my foot on the floor.

Logan looked astonished. "You're Beast?" Logan asked in disbelief, smiling slightly. "Look at you. I guess you're a late bloomer".

"Logan!" I hissed, swatting his arm.