𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Part Sixteen: Cerebro

1973. X-Mansion. Westchester County, New York.

Svet's POV.

(a/n: no bag, no tea cup, no book and no whatever the hell is next to the book)

Charles used the little switch on his wheelchair to wheel himself forward as Hank, Logan, Lorna and I walked down the blue corridors of Cerebro. It was a bit more modern than the older Cerebro at the Covert CIA Research Base in Virginia, which was destroyed by Riptide.

"When was the last time you were down here?" Logan asked out of the blue.

"The last time we were looking for students" Hank replied.

"More like Charles going to stalk Moira" I mumbled.

"A lifetime ago" Charles corrected the both of us, glaring at my response as I rolled my eyes.

When we reached the main silver door of Cerebro, a blue light shone over Charles' eyes, crossing over into an X shape. Typical Charles, always going with a bloody X.

"Welcome, Professor " a robotic voice greeted as the doors to Cerebro opened.

Charles wheeled himself forward with Logan, Hank, Lorna and I following behind him. It looked so much different to the old Cerebro but had the same purpose. Incredible. As we got closer to the controls for Cerebro, the first thing I noticed was that it was all covered in dust.

Hank turned a knob on the machine, and said "Raven's wounded, she won't be moving fast".

Charles picked up the helmet and blew the coat of dust on the top of it clean off.

"These are muscles I haven't stretched in a long time" Charles said as Lorna's small voice piped up.

"You can do this Uncle Charlie" Lorna's little voice piped up as Charles looked at her with the biggest smile on his face when she said that. I honestly could've sworn that my heart melted.

"You're right, little one, I can" Charles beamed at Lorna as he slipped the helmet for Cerebro on, as blue lights lit up on the sides of the helmet and Cerebro began to whirl into life for the first time in years.

Charles took a large exhale as the silver squares that made the dome shape of Cerebro shifted into coloured light. Soon, it showed a red, holographic map of Europe, which began to flicker occasionally as we heard the voices from people and mutants.

The room began to spin and flicker, the red hologram people were mutants crying for help and the white hologram people were humans. The voices and cries of mutants were overwhelming Charles, I covered Lorna's ears and eyes.

"Charles!" Logan yelled as Charles let out a scream as I covered Lorna when shards of glass exploded from the machine and sparks of electricity began to flicker. Hank and Logan ducked for cover too.