𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Part Eighteen: Wrinkle In Time

1973. Westchester County, NY. X-Mansion.

Svet's POV.

Hank had disinfected bandaged and my wound after I'd changed into some pajamas I'd found in the room I was staying in

Hank had disinfected bandaged and my wound after I'd changed into some pajamas I'd found in the room I was staying in. They were a bit baggy but were quiet comfy. Apparently, Hank didn't make in it the future either. We sat in the room, where Hank had a bunch of movies and stuff with time travel shit in it, as we both sipped at some hot coco.

It was like the old days, back in '62, when Hank and I were CIA employees hiding their mutations before Charles and Raven showed up with the Division X. Before Levene was killed, before Charles wiped Moira's memories of everything that happened from the mission in the Hellfire club to Cuba and maybe a little after, before I met Erik, before I fell pregnant with Lorna.

Our eyes wandered to the small television with the news playing, as Hank placed his mug down and stood up to turn the volume on the smaller television and we could hear it more clearly. Apparently tomorrow, at the the White House, the president was making an announcement and was being joined the Secretary of Defense and was even thought to be joined by that wanker, Trask.

Lorna was asleep in the room next to mine, and had been for a few hours now. The reporter mentioned the words 'mutant issue'. I was disgusted by those words describing my kind. They could show some respect towards us. Hank looked out the window at something as I began to walk away, going to bed. Hank went in the same direction as me, going to the front door, to find Raven.

They were being so adorable, so I decided to leave them to their little conversation together. I put my mug in the kitchen, cleaning it up a bit, before going up to bed and settling down for the night.

"Make sure to use protection" I called to them as Hank's face flushed. "We don't need a mini Hank running around".

2023. Westchester County, NY. 3rd Person.

The X-Mansion looked so different to everybody as it was surrounded by a barbed wire fence and had mutant detectors of some sort and patrol lights attached to the top parts of the roof. The giant floating boxes containing the Sentinels float above the house that was formerly known as Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters, and the X-Mansion.

Charles observed what his childhood and adulthood home looked like from the pilot seat of the X-Jet.

Inside the house, Erik, Bobby, Alice and Hank following the floating beacon of light being held up Erik's powers through the darkened tunnels underneath the house itself. The tunnels, or more specifically the old gas/ water pipes , led straight to the house, according to Charles.

Erik, Bobby, Alice and Hank stopped, as Erik looked up and down at the door made of reinforced steel.

"The walls are made of reinforced steel. In other words, a door" Erik said to the others.

Erik outstretched his hand as the reinforced steel began to bend and press forward until a large chunk of it broke off, being discarded to the floor. The four of them began to flood through the hole and walked forward. According to Charles, they were walking over the hallway now.

Outstretching his palm, Erik detached a piece of metal framework for over the halls, making it float in mid air as he, Bobby and the twins stepped onto it as Erik lowered them down into the blue hallways of Cerebro. It was battered and destroyed compared to fifty years into the past. Alice, Hank, Erik and Bobby approached the silver door with an X shape on it.

Using his powers, Erik opened the door to Cerebro. Simply, Erik replied to the doctors experimenting on Rogue "I've been on that slab. Let me show you how it feels".

Levitating the doctor's instruments around the doctors, Erik had a wicked smile on his face. Bobby, Alice and Hank rushed into Cerebro to find Rogue laying unconscious on the metal slab.

"Rogue..Rogue" Bobby whispered, shaking Rogue's body in hopes she wasn't dead.

"C'mon, wake up" Alice pleaded.

The doctors cleared out of the room, as Erik walked in. "Come on, Rogue. Wake up. It's us." Bobby pleaded, his hand gently placed on Rogue's right cheek.

Taking his glove off, Bobby placed his bare hand on Rogue's cheek in hopes she'd wake up. Groaning in agony, veins appeared on Bobby's face as his powers were absorbed into Rogue's body as Rogue awoke in a panting fit, her breath was visible due the fact her body had absorbed Bobby's powers, as Bobby removed his hand from her face.

Rogue's eyes weakly blinked open, as she panicked upon seeing Erik.

"Rogue. It's okay. He's with us" Hank reassured Rogue, as she began to calm down.

"We're gonna get you out of here" Bobby promised Rogue.

Alice outstretched her palm as the white restraints holding Rogue down snapped off her wrists and ankles, freeing Rogue. Bobby helped Rogue up and out of Cerebro, with twins walking with their grandfather.

They walked to the platform, where they all cramped onto it, Erik putting one arm around his grandson and the other around his granddaughter, as Bobby still helped Rogue with the metal platform flying up. Rogue was breathing heavily as they all walked down the corridor, until the spiked arm of a Sentinel burst through the floor, as the five of them managed to dodge it.

Again, the Sentinel's arm poked through another part in the floor, all of them managing to dodge it successfully again. The Sentinel's arm stabbed through the metal framework repeatedly in different places each time, as Rogue slipped over, the five of them frozen in place. Quickly, Bobby and Hank helped Rogue up as a Sentinel climbed through the floor they walked on.

"Take her!" Bobby ordered, as Rogue began to protest as Erik helped Rogue, while preventing the twins from going up against the Sentinel.

This time, if one of them lost their lives, Kitty wouldn't be projecting one of their consciousnesses back in time. It would be a permanent death if Logan didn't change the future back in '73. Bobby turned to ice form as Rogue struggling to get out Erik's grasp, with Bobby blasting ice blasts at the Sentinel, creating an ice wall between them and the Sentinel.

"Bobby!" Rogue yelled, as Bobby stayed put, keeping the ice wall in place.

Erik held Rogue, as she began to struggle, with the twins helping their grandfather. Suddenly, Bobby was hit another Sentinel's blast as Rogue screamed "Bobby!".

Bobby's ice form was hit by the blast of three Sentinels, murdering him. Hank screamed in anger, as metal claws emerged from the spaces between his claws. Alice fell to her knees, screaming as green energy burst out of her body.  After her meltdown, Erik and Alice used their powers of metal manipulation to create a barrier, covering the hole in the wall, as from outside the Sentinels blasted the door, with some of the blast hitting the gas pipes, blowing up the mansion.

From the pilot seat, Charles was in dismay as his home was blown up. Erik, Rogue and the twins ran up the stairs for the entrance of the X-Jet. The stairs folded back up, and the entrance was sealed. Rogue, Erik, Hank and Alice all sat in seats.

"Get us out of here" Erik ordered.

"Bobby..." Rogue began, but Charles politely cut her off "I know.."

Charles used the controls to lift the X-Jet off the ground, flying away from the blown up remains of the X-Mansion. Suddenly, and out of nowhere, a flaming Sentinel leaped onto the front of the X-Jet, shocking them all. The Sentinel's flame went out, shifting to ice as it began to open it's face to blast them all dead. Charles pressed one of the holographic buttons as the X-Jet's speed accelerated, as the Sentinel slipped, barely holding onto the front of the X-Jet.

As Charles pulled a lever, everyone was flung back, hitting the very back of their seats, as the Sentinel was wiped off the windscreen, scraping across the roof of the X-Jet, holding onto the very edge. Soon the Sentinel fell off, and the journey resumed.