𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Part Fifteen: The Professor Is Back In Action

1973. Westchester County, New York.

Svet's POV.

(a/n: that gif reminded me of svet, so i put it there

(a/n: that gif reminded me of svet, so i put it there. also no bag, no book, no tea cup and no whatever the hell that thing is near the book)

Charles, Logan, Hank and I made our way back to Westchester after a long flight. I carried a fast-asleep Lorna, who's head laid on my right shoulder. Erik was still in Paris (I assumed) and Raven was God knows where.

As we were walking into the main entrance area, Charles suddenly fell to the floor, clutching his lower back and groaning in agony. Quickly, I ran into Charles' office and placed my daughter on the couch and ran back out. The serum dosage was running out.

"What happened?" Logan asked. "Why can't he walk?"

Hank helped Charles up, leaning him against a nearby wall. "I can hear them" Charles told Hank.

His telepathic powers were coming back due to the serum dosage running out.

"It's okay, I'll make it stop. I'll get it" Hank reassured, running off to his lab to get the serum.

Charles placed his hands on his head, clutching it in agony from all the voices.

"Hey, hey, pull yourself together. It's not over yet" Logan said.

"You don't believe that." Charles replied, from reading Logan's mind.

"How do you know?" Logan asked.

Charles pointed to his legs with a shaky hand "When these go", his shaking hand traveled to his forehead "This comes back. They all come back!", he clutched his hands to his head.

"Look, I'm...I'm still here. She's still out there. But we need your help, Charles. Not like this, I need you. We can't find Raven, not without your powers." Logan said, trying to calm him down, as I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

Charles had slipped half of his jacket off, rolling the right sleeve of his maroon, red and white colored shirt. Hank came rushing back with the needle containing Charles' dosage.

"I added a little extra because you missed a dosage" Hank informed, sticking the needle in front of Charles, who snatched it from Hank, only look at it, while panting.

"Charles..." Logan said.

Charles took the needle completely from Hank's grasp, putting it into a down position, aiming the pointed end where yellow liquid seeped from at his forearm. He was struggling mentally whether he wanted to do it or not. Eventually, Charles didn't do it, placing the needle next to him. I felt relieved that he'd done that.

Charles looked over at Hank and asked "Hank, do me a favor. Would you help me to my study?"

"Alright" Hank responded, helping Charles up from where he was slumped against the pillar.

Charles put an arm around Hank's neck and shoulders, as Hank put an arm around Charles' torso for extra support. Hank had gently placed Charles on his desk chair, as Hank opened the closet, which looked like it hadn't been touched in years, to reveal something we all gazed at.

"Are you sure about this?" Hank asked.

"Absolutely not" Charles responded as we all gazed upon Charles' silver wheelchair sitting in the closet.

I placed my hand on Charles' shoulder and he looked up at me, as I gave him a smile, which he returned. Operation: Try To Save Humanity is a go!