𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Part Twenty-Three: Time Is Of The Essence

2023. China.

Blink blasted portals in multiple directions to stop herself dying. Suddenly, after long and courageous fighting, Blink was impaled by three Sentinels at once. Hank and Alice yelled out in anger. Alice levitating herself in the air, blasting rays of emerald power at the Sentinels as Hank charged headlong at the Sentinels, as he was straight up impaled.

"NO!" Alice screamed, as Hank looked back at his sister, weak and dying as he was dropped to the floor.

"I'm with you 'til the end of the line" Hank groaned, as his eyes fluttered shut.

Henry 'Hank' Howlett was dead. Alice was the only surviving one. Feeling like she'd lost the will to live, Alice continued to fight to avenge her fallen friends and brother. Bobby, Storm, Bishop, Warpath, Colossus, Sunspot, Blink and Hank. Alice blasted emerald wisps from her hands at the Sentinels as she, too, was impaled by the Sentinels.

Her body carelessly dropped onto the ground, and in her final, dying moment, she grabbed her dead brother's hand as gripped in her's and looked at him with a struggle in her voice "Damn straight you were".

Alice Howlett was dead.

1973. Washington, DC.

Svet's POV.

Erik had finished his little speech as President Nixon walked forward, as the Secretary of Defense protested, trying to hold him back.

"Stand down!" Nixon yelled, facing Erik as Erik faced him. "You want to make a statement? Kill me? Fine! But spare everyone else!"

Everyone in the safe room, stared at the real Nixon. It was Raven. She'd always been clever.

"Very heroic, Mr President." Erik mocked. " But you have no intention of sparing any of us. The future of our species begins now."

All the guns cocked suddenly, as a Sentinel charged towards Erik, Raven, disguised, as Nixon, and myself but Erik used his powers to destroy it before it killed me. He cared. That little bastard.

Nixon/ Raven pulled out a gun and shot Erik, as it grazed his neck. Raven shifting back into her normal blue form. My eyes widened as my wife instincts took over me.

"Erik!" I yelled, staggering over to him to hitting my ankle on a piece of debris.

Erik noticed me, as he fell to the ground, as all the guns fell from the sky and the Sentinels powered down. I kneeled next to him, as he placed his spare hand on mine.

" You used to be a better shot." Erik mocked.

"Trust me, I still am." Raven shot back, knocking my husband out.

"Jesus Christ" I muttered.

Raven stood there, holding the gun that was aimed at Trask. After a few moments, she lowered her arm as the gun dropped to the ground. She'd done it. We'd done it. The future was saved. I let out a sigh of relief, shifting back into my normal form, summoning my white violin to my hand with it's bow. Raven bent down, picking up Erik's helmet and taking it off him.

"He's all yours, Svet" Raven told me, walking away and dumping the helmet somewhere.

Erik woke up, standing up, as I did, using his powers to remove all the fallen debris from the floor. I saw Hank helping Charles up, who was groaning in pain. Erik looked over at his helmet discarded on the floor, then to me and Lorna, who'd ran over to me, then to Hank and Charles.

"If you let them have me, I'm as good as dead" Erik told them as I walked over to him, Lorna by my side as he snaked an arm around my waist. "You know that?"

"I know" Charles responded.

"Goodbye old friend" Erik said solemnly.

"Goodbye Erik" Charles replied, as he clung onto Hank for extra support.

I grabbed my violin and it's bow, holding it close, as Erik carried my bridal style as Lorna and Erik floated side by side, Erik carrying me.

"Where to, Svetka?" Erik asked. "We can't stay in America".

"I'll sell my apartment in Queens. And we could try Poland" I responded as Erik smiled at me.

"Poland it is, my love" Erik responded, smiling to Lorna, who was happy her levitation was there.