𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

Part Twenty: Washington, Here We Come

1973. Svet's POV.

(a/n: no bag)

(a/n: no bag)

Lorna had dozed off ten minutes ago. Charles touched his leg, Logan and I noticed this. He was sad. I gazed at Lorna, who slept on the seat next to me, her stuffed rabbit toy cuddled in her arms. Erik had bought it for her when I was six months along, and said that 'regardless of what our child is, he or she will love it', those words came to be true.

"You alright?" Logan asked Charles, who looked at Logan when he asked this.

"Getting there" Charles responded.

"Whatever happens today, I need you to promise me something" Logan told Charles "You looked into my mind, the both of you, and you've seen a lot of bad, but you've seen the good too. The X-Men. Promise me you'll us. Use your power, bring us together. Guide us, lead us. Storm, Scott, Jean, Alice, Hank. Remember those names. There's so many of us. We will need you Professor".

"I'll do my best" Charles promised.

"Your best is enough, trust me" I spoke up, smiling a toothless smile at Charles.

2023. 3rd Person.

Warpath kneeled on a rooftop for one of the shaded areas in the courtyard. Suddenly, his once closed eyes opened. A vision came to him, around ten miles off. Twelve carriers containing Sentinels were coming to the monastery. They'd found them.

"There's twelve carriers inbound, ten miles!" Warpath yelled to his fellow mutants.

Meanwhile inside the monastery, Charles looked at Erik and told him "They found us".

Erik looked at Logan's unconscious body, which was still linked to Kitty's mind but Rogue was using Kitty's powers to channel through. Alice and Hank sat up, joining their grandfather. Before they joined Erik, Alice walked over to her father's body, giving his forehead a kiss. Little did she know, Logan felt that kiss in the future. Hank gave his father's hand a light grip before joining Erik outside.

1973. Svet's POV.

Logan's fingers drifted towards his forehead, gasping only one word "Alice..."

"Hmm?" Charles asked, as we both looked at Logan.

"Nothing" Logan brushed it off.

He'd felt Alice kissing his forehead from the future. It was incredible. I wondered what they were like. My grandchildren. I'd hopefully know soon, if we changed the past.

Small Time Skip. Washington, DC.

Svet's POV.

We were almost there. Security guards were checking bags and people had to go through metal detectors. Lorna's hand held mine as we walked behind Logan, who was behind Hank pushing Charles in his wheelchair. Suddenly, the metal detector went off. Charles' wheelchair most likely.

"Can I see your invitations please?" the ticket man asked, as Charles placed two fingers on his temple, as the guard inspected Hank and Charles, making sure they weren't carrying weapons.

"Yes you may." Charles replied. "These four are with me".

"Go ahead" the ticket man said, as Hank continued to push Charles in his wheelchair with Logan, Lorna and I catching up to them.

Charles was put in front of the seated crowd with the other people in wheelchairs as I went to stand with Logan and Hank, while Lorna standing next to me. We stood behind Charles in his wheelchair, as he placed two fingers on his temples as he was trying to find Raven, which he was.

"She has to be here" I heard Charles grumble.

Everyone began to applaud as President Nixon came on stage. I zoned out while Nixon was speaking, because the speech was boring and he was an idiot for even considering Trask's mutant killing machines. Nixon did a hand gesture as the first Sentinel were unveiled. People were cheering and applauding. So these were the creatures that would wipe out mutant kind? I expected them to be scarier to be honest.

The military veterans stood up and saluted. Hank, Charles, Logan, Lorna and I didn't applause. Charles mostly because he was scanning everybody's minds to find Raven, because she would most likely be in disguise.

2023. 3rd Person.

With the carriers containing the Sentinels inbound, Erik, Hank and Alice walked out of the monastery. Warpath looked out onto the snowy mountain scenery of China and simply said.

"Here they come".

1973. Washington, DC.

Svet's POV.

"Raven.." Charles warned, his fingers still on his temple. He'd found her. "I have her".

Charles pointed to a man frozen near the stage "There, see? Secret Service man, left of the stage".

"Got it" Logan said, as he and Hank made their ways to the Secret Service man, who was actually Raven.

Suddenly, the Sentinels activated, their eyes glowing yellow. The people on stage were confused as to why the Sentinels were suddenly activated. Trask said something to Stryker, which I didn't pick up, with Stryker replying with something I also didn't pick up.

The Sentinels began to float off the stage and up into the air a tad, with the reporters turning their cameras so they were looking at the Sentinels. The people didn't understand what was going on, assuming it was part of the show, and began to gasp in excitement and applaud, some standing up.

2023. 3rd Person.

Bishop and Storm looked out onto the horizon. They too were worried about the incoming Sentinels.

"We can't stop that many" Bishop told her.

"No, but we can slow them down" Storm replied, as she began to levitate, hey eyes turning full white.

Blink emerged from a portal to where Storm and Bishop were as the wind speeds began to pick up a bit from Storm's ability to control the weather.

1973. Washington, DC.

Svet's POV.

Suddenly, out of the blue, the Sentinels began to rapidly fire bullets at the police cars, causing havoc, then at the crowds as the crowd began to run away and scream. There was only one person who could do something like this. My metal manipulating husband.

"ERIK!" I heard Charles screech over the screams of the crowd.

More bullets were fired as the crowds' screams got louder.

"GOD DAMN IT, ERIK! IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU WANT A DIVORCE!" I screamed.