𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Part Eleven: Peter Maximoff

1973. DC.

Svet's POV

We drove down the street where Peter lived

We drove down the street where Peter lived. Memories from the 50s filled my head, but the bad ones. We approached Peter's house, the one with a black mailbox with the surname 'Maximoff' in white letters.

"Here, here, here" Logan said.

"Where?" Charles asked.

"Just stop here" I ordered, as Lorna woke up from being asleep the whole time.

"All right, all right" Charles said, raising his hands in mock surrender.

Charles and Hank got out of the front seat. Logan out of by himself, as Charles helped me and Lorna out. We walked across from the car to the front door of Judie Maximoff's house. Logan knocked on the door, twice.

Judie eventually answered the door with "What's he done now? I'll just write a check for whatever he took".

"We just need to talk to him" Logan assured Judie.

Allowing us in, she yelled "Peter! The cops are here, again...And your Mother is too".

Everyone, except me was confused. I knew the truth. I knew a lot of things they didn't, like how to swear to Russian and French. And knew where to stab somebody so the wound wouldn't kill them. As we walked through the corridors of the Maximoff home, a little girl approached Logan, wearing a shawl and a tiara.

"I'm a princess, what are you?" the girl asked.

Logan looked back at the girl, slipping his sunglasses off, replied "I'm the Wolverine".

"Where's your foster brother?" I asked sweetly, as the girl pointed to the basement.

Logan, Charles, Hank and I walked downstairs toward the basement, hearing the sounds of a ball hitting something. I'd left Lorna upstairs to play with Judie's daughter, Phoebe, who was around her age, maybe younger. Music was playing from a stereo, as the basement was decked out in stolen items.

A silver haired kid, looked around 17, used his powers of super speed to switch between the two sides of the ping pong table. It was Peter.

"What do you guys want?" Peter asked, still switching between sides. "I didn't do anything".

"I've been here all day" Peter finished, sprinting to the couch at the speed of light.

"Just relax Peter. We're not cops" Logan said, as Peter looked at me, with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Of course you're not cops. If you were, you wouldn't be driving a rental car." Peter replied.

"How did you know we've got a rental car?" Charles questioned, confused.

"I checked your registration when you were walking to the door. I also had some time to kill so I went through your rental agreement. Saw you were from out of town. Are you FBI?" Peter explained, using his powers of super speed, to grab Charles' wallet. "No, you're not cops. Hey, what's with his gifted youngsters place?"

Charles swiped his wallet back "That's an old card."

"He's fascinating." Hank said, mesmerized by Peter's abilities. "He's a pain in the arse" Charles countered.

"What, a teleporter?" Hank questioned.

"No, he's just fast. And when I knew him he wasn't so... young" Logan replied.

"Young? You're just old" Peter sassed, zooming from the stolen game machine to back on the couch, eating a Popsicle of some sorts.

"So, you're not afraid to show your powers?" I asked.

"Powers? What powers? What are you talking about? Do you see something strange here? Nothing anybody would believe if you told them." Peter stated.

Peter zoomed off the couch and over to the game machine he was playing "So, who are you? What do you want?"

"We need your help, Peter." Logan said, walking over to Peter with his hands on his hips.

"For what?" Peter asked, not taking his eyes off the game.

"To break into a highly secured facility... and to get someone out." I continued for Logan.

"Prison break? That's illegal, you know." Peter sassed, smirking.

"Uh..." Logan began, looking around at all the things Peter had obviously stolen. "Well, only if you get caught".

"So, what's in it for me?" Peter asked, still playing the game.

"You, you kleptomaniac, get to break into the Pentagon." Charles replied, rubbing his eyes and taking his shades off.

I could tell this peaked my son's interest. He stopped playing the game 'Pong' and turned his attention back to us.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Peter questioned.

"1, I am your mother. 2, Because we're just like you." I responded, as Charles, Hank and Logan looked shocked.

"Oh, I know Mother dearest" Peter smiled, as Charles looked to Logan "Show him".

Logan looked from Charles to Peter, as he clenched his fist and three claws made of pure bone slowly surfaced their way from the spaces between Logan's knuckles. That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and I've seen some horrors over the years. I stuck my hand out, casting an illusion so it looked like a blue Monarch butterfly was sitting on my palm, to everyone in the room.

"Mom's powers are cool. Logan, that's cool, but it's disgusting" Peter replied.