𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Part Nineteen: Kitty's Salvation And The President's Speech

2023. China

3rd Person.

The X-Jet landed on the courtyard in the monastery. As Charles, Erik, Rogue, Alice and Hank walked in, Kitty looked up, tired and weak, at the group. Kitty looked scared as to where Bobby was, as Rogue looked at her.

"Where's Bobby?" Kitty asked, a small sob escaping her lips as she struggled to get it out of her mouth.

"I'm sorry, Kitty" Rogue apologized.

The loss of Bobby took a toll on everybody. The information about Bobby's death hit Kitty like a truck as she began to sob even more. Kitty and Bobby loved one another, and getting over the death of a loved one wasn't an easy path. Rogue approached Kitty, touching her hand, as Kitty's head shot back with a gasp as the same veins that appeared on Bobby's face when he touched Rogue's face appeared on Kitty's.

Soon enough, Kitty passed out, falling into Erik's arms as Rogue took over Kitty's duty of projecting Logan's consciousness. Erik gently placed Kitty's unconscious form against a pillar.

1973. Westchester County, NY.

Svet's POV.

I sat in Lorna's room as she'd just woken up

I sat in Lorna's room as she'd just woken up. The morning sunlight flickered through the curtains, as Lorna let out a small yawn. Lorna wore a small, white lace nightdress that Charles let her borrow. It must've been Raven's at some point during their childhood. Suddenly, the door opened and Hank appeared with Logan behind him.

"As you know, Raven was here. And I screwed up" Hank responded, as my eyes widened, as I picked Lorna up from under the covers. My 5'3 height was tall compared to Lorna's 4'4 height.

We stared in awe at the destroyed remains of Cerebro. Raven destroyed it so we couldn't track her. The broken helmet of Cerebro lay in Hank's hands, as he was crushed like a kid who was given a lump of coal for Christmas.

"We can't track her now" Hank sighed, pointing out the obvious.

"She's cut her ties" Charles said.

"We saw on the news last night. There's going to be an announcement in Washington this afternoon about a new protocol for mutants" I told them.

Small Time Skip

We all made our way into Hank's room, where he'd hooked all of these television monitors to old looking computers. "This system I designed to record any news about Paris, all three networks and PBS" Hank explained.

"All three?" Logan asked, sarcastically. "Wow".

"Yeah, and PBS." Hank explained, replaying last night's news. "Look what we found".

After watching, and re-watching for some of us, the news from last night, Hank paused it.

"Raven doesn't realize that if she kills Trask at an event like that with the whole world watching..." Charles began, as Lorna cuddled my side.

"Then I came a long way for nothing." Logan sighed, feeling defeated.

"And there's more bad news. I saw the report, they found traces of her blood in Paris, and your's too, Svet. For all we know, they already have both of your DNA, which is all they'd need..." Hank explained.

"To create the Sentinels of the future." Logan finished for Hank.

"Now there's a theory in Quantum Physics that time is immutable. It's like a river, you can throw a pebble into it, create a ripple, but the current always corrects itself. No matter what you do, the river just keeps flowing in the same direction." Hank explained.

"What are you trying to say?" Logan asked.

"What I'm saying is, what if the war is inevitable? What if she and Svet are meant to kill Trask? What if this is just simply who she is?" Hank asked, as I smacked his arm lightly, my eyes flashing their dangerous white colour.

"Just because someone stumbles, loses their way, doesn't mean they're lost forever." Charles quoted his older self as Logan and I looked at him. Charles smiled to himself "No, I don't believe that theory, Hank. And I cannot believe that that is who she is. Ready the plane, we're going to Washington."