CHAPTER 4: Gunner

It's been several days since the dinner party and thinking about it for a while, I guess the way I acted towards her that night, including after the dinner party when I returned her purse, there's no excuse and I still was I guess irritated and pissed off at that girl. I mean, I am happy for her but deep down, I can't help but feel sexually frustrated. But wither way, I never should have taken it all out on Arya.

I shouldn't have gotten upset anyways in the first place with that girl being engaged. In fact, a hoe like that, I don't want to get into that person's drama or nothing and besides, I'll find somebody else. I never have a problem hooking up with anybody and since I'm technically on a vacation from work for the first time, in a long time, for the four years I have been an agent, I have some time. Maybe I'll even go to the bar tonight and find some chick.

For now, I have to go and take care of some issues tenants are having with their electrical problems among other things.

I begin making my rounds and when I finally come back to my apartment to take a break and make something to eat, I hear a door open and next of course, her voice.

"Oh hey, Gunner?" She asks.

I let out a breath of frustration real quick and then turn around to see what she wants.

"Yes?" I asked trying to be nice and professional.

"Sorry to bother you but I tried fixing my sink because it had a leak and I think I made things worse." She hesitates in saying.

I shake my head and start walking over. Damn she is so cute when she's nervous.

Once I got into the kitchen, I right away saw the cupboard doors below the sink opened and could tell there was some water on the floor. What the hell did she do?

"Damn." I tell her then begin grabbing some tools and then she lays several towels down so I can lay on them without getting wet and start to try and fix the pipe.

"Sorry. I tried having Ferris fix it for me last week, but he became busy and forgot. Then finally today, I had to do something." She tells me.

"Yeah, he doesn't know much about fixing things. As far as this looks though so far, neither do you." I tell her with a laugh.

"Yeah, apparently." She begins.

"Why didn't you try and call me or even have a plumber come out?" I asked.

"I didn't have your number and I thought it would be less expensive to call one rather than to just have you come and do it. If I messed it up more, I'm sorry." She says.

"Nah, it isn't that bad." I tell her as I put the tool in my hand I was just using, down then replaced it with another and continued tightening the valve where it disconnects with the pipe connected straight to the bottom of the sink.

I tried to ignore the sudden awkward feeling I was beginning to feel between us  and after finishing up, I next cleaned up the floor for her, showed her what I did, made sure the water worked and then grabbed my tools and handed her the card I made that I gave to all tenants.

"Thanks again." She smiled.

"No problem. That's my card so now any issues that come up, just text me or let me know." I tell her.

"I will, thanks." She replies.

Before we shared another awkward moment of silence between one another, I began to head out when she stopped me.

"Wait!" She says.

"Yeah?" I turned back around.

"Are you hungry? I was just about to make something to eat and I don't know if you already ate or not." She begins.

I looked at her surprised as to her being so nice to me right now. I was rude to her the other night.

"Uh..." I began being the one to hesitate a little bit. "Look, I...." I started.

"Sorry, never mind. It was stupid. I just thought I would thank you for today and thought I would apologize for the other night." She mentions. "It's no big deal though." She half smiles at me.

She then begins to head towards her bedroom and I am the one that says something this time and stop her.

"What are you making?" I ask.

She turns around surprised a little I agreed, it seems but then smiled and started walking back into the kitchen.

"Well, I have things to make sandwiches, I have some chips. Oh wait, sorry, you probably like the healthy foods. Which I know I should be stocked up more on but the only healthy thing I have is a couple of salad kit mixes and dressing. I haven't gone to the store yet." She laughs to herself.

"Hmm..." I began to try and think of something.

"We could order pizza? Or I'm sure there's a sushi place nearby of you'd like to have that instead, since it's healthier." She mentions.

"Pizza sounds really good. I love pizza." I smiled at her.

"Okay, great! What do you like on it?" She asks me.

I tell her and she starts to order it then grabs me a water bottle and we sit on the couch and wait for the pizza.

"Listen, about the other night, at the dinner party. You don't need to apologize. I'm the one who should be apologizing to you for being a dick." I tell her.

She looked at me now with a cocked eyebrow and like I had several heads on my shoulders.

"Thanks. I accept your apology and since we both seem to be real good friends with Ferris, I think it would be better and less awkward for everybody if you and I figured out a way to get along with each other." She suggested.

I do agree. It would be less awkward and I know will be a lot better for especially Ferris so that way he won't have to feel he is caught in the middle or has to choose or anything. Besides, she doesn't seem all that bad.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)