CHAPTER 7: Arya

I woke up the next morning and made a promise to myself to stop thinking of Ferris as us ever being anything more when CLEARLY that is a waste of time and energy.

So one of the things I am going to do in trying to make myself feel better about me and help me move on, is I should start doing some Pilates and Yoga and since the girl whose husband and her I had helped recently, gave me a one year free gym membership that I am thinking of taking her up on.

So since today she was all booked up in her classes, I decided to use my free first lesson with a trainer instead and learn some machines while I was at it.

I was right away intimidated because everybody here seemed to all be in shape and mostly were guys but the several women I noticed were very fit and looked great working out, unlike how I will be.

There was a part of me that felt too embarrassed and don't generally care to have people look at me but, this is a free membership and hey, I've got to start somewhere, right?

Once I finished taking in a deep breath then letting it out, I went inside and walked up to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" This real big muscular tall short haired young guy greeted me.

"Hi I'm new, obviously..." I tried to make a joke. "I recently got a pass and it says that my first session with a trainer is free and was just wondering if anybody was available to help me?"

He looks me up and down and has no expression on his face so I have no idea in what he's thinking right now and it's starting to make me feel a little bit nervous.

"Well first of all, welcome. I'm Cobalt and I will actually be training you." He smiles.

"Okay." I replied.

Of course I would get a real hot guy. Not that that should matter really seeing as to how it's expected in a gym.

"Okay, so let's get you started in the back. I need to weigh you first and then I will assess you on the treadmill and we'll see what we will start off with and have you get familiarized with certain machines." He tells me.

I can't believe I have to weigh myself. I was planning on this being the ONLY session with a personal trainer but I guess this is part of his job and he needs to do it. So who am I to argue, right?

After we finish up with that dreadful weigh-in, we head out towards the treadmill and of course starts me off slow before kicking it up a knotch and 'assessing' me.

We did that for a little while before then moving to a couple of other machines and then weights.

I has explained to him-after he asked me what I was hoping to get as an end result, I mentioned I want to mostly tone and still keep my curves. Just not be so big.

Once the few reps I did on some weights, we were finished. Then before he went back to get ready for his other clients for the day, he told me how I did.

"Surprisingly, you didn't do so bad. You actually did really good and aren't in the worst shape. So, I hope you keep it up and of you want, I have some openings. Here's my card." He tells me as he pulls one out of his gym shorts.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Of course!" He smiles at me. "Oh and one more thing. If you ever need anything and I'm not with a client, come and ask me."

"Cool. Thank you." I replied while returning the smile.

Next he took off and then I decided I enjoyed the Stair Master a lot and thought about doing that for a little while.

So I went in it and did it for a good half an hour. Then went on the treadmill to do that for a little over half an hour and to be honest, I impressed myself.

I knew not to obviously overdo myself but I really wanted to try a machine that was great for your thighs. So I sat down and began moving my legs apart along and closing them, doing that for a little while.

I am not saying that I'm falling in love with the gym or anything but it isn't so bad and besides, I was going to start doing the Pilates class tomorrow.

I was excited and couldn't wait for that. So when I was finished here at the gym, I took a shower in the locker room then while on my way out, I noticed a girl hitting on Gunner.

Of course he'd be at this gym. Just my luck. Well, at least he seems to come around this time so at least I will be done by the time he gets here. Rather it's while I take classes or not, so that'll work for me.

The girl hitting on him though makes me start to think about a few things and one of them by re-evaluating myself some. I wish I could be as thin as her. It's obvious she doesn't eat her feelings and is confident.

It's just like that one dancer from the strip club, she was curvy but didn't have as thick of ones as me or big thighs I do.

So that's guys' type....Good to have a goal in mind now.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)