CHAPTER 25: Arya

When I awoke, I right away noticed I was struggling to see clearly in opening my eyes as my eyelids felt heavy. Then I began to remember what happened and that somehow Joshua had knocked me out with chloroform.

After blinking several times, I was able to see better and more clear but still felt a bit groggy.

Right away I noticed I was laying on a cold, wet and hard ground with duct tape over my mouth and wrists zip tied  together in front of me. I slowly tried to sit up and then noticed I was standing in what looked to be like a glass fish tank.

I struggled a little bit to stand up and used one of the glass walls to help me steady myself. When I looked out one of the other glass walls and noticed Joshua and his men standing several feet below making me start to realize while looking around that I was high on some wooden platform thing and when I looked above my head, I noticed that I was in a water tank because of the holes with water already dripping a little from the tiny holes above.

What the hell was happening?!? Then I heard Joshua say something to me.

"Comfortable! It's about time your ass woke up." He smirks.

Then we heard a loud sound of the heavy big door to whatever abandoned looking  building we are in opens and in walks a couple of Joshua's other men escorting Gunner in by his arms.

They start walking up towards us and Gunner looks at me and becomes pissed off. I start to hit the glass a little at him for him to help me.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?!" Gunner yells out at Joshua.

"We're about to play a game." Joshua starts to explain.

"You are sick." Gunner comments.

"I know." He chuckled to himself a bit. "But hey, play nicely and she will be fine." He states.

Gunner and I make eye contact with each other and then he looks back at Joshua.

"What do you want?" Gunner asks him.

"You and your agency have access to all records in everybody in the entire world and I need your access to get locations and the whereabouts in ten specific bosses that when I take down, I will be the best and most feared." He smirks.

What the hell is he talking about? He can't be serious right now, right?

"I could lose my job for that." Gunner says and I don't blame him.

"Well, it's your job or your old lady up there." He gestures with his head then nods his head at one of the guys who is right on the outside of the tank I'm inside and pulls down on a chain.

A bunch of freezing ice cold water comes down over me and comes up to my ankles.
Oh my God that is cold.

I look at Gunner who seems to be clenching his jaw and as he struggles to try and break free from the grasps of Joshua's guys that still are holding his hands behind his back.

"You sick fuck!" Gunner yells at him.

"Hey! You are running out of time." Joshua's tells him.

The next thing I notice is Gunner nodding his head in agreement and then is escorted over towards a little folding card table with a laptop in it, Gunner then is forced to sit down and held down behind the laptop.

"Type." Joshua demands.

Gunner takes another look up at me and then I hold my hand against the glass and then nod at him to let him know that it's and that he doesn't have to.

He took it the wrong way because now he is starting to type. I start pounding on the glass  for his attention and hoping he understands this time I don't want him to do that. That I am not worth it.

This was all my fault. My father and all the lies all my life, including Joshua had caught up to me and now the man I love is about to risk his job and possible life to save mine.

We all were startled when the door busted down and there were agents all swarming in with guns drawn and shouting including from his Director. Joshua and his men were surrounded now and couldn't do anything.

Once gunfire began going and I saw Gunner get up and turn around then knock out the guys that held him down onto the chair and started walking towards me.

Next thing I know, the man next to the tank pulled the chain and suddenly the tank started instantly being filled with freezing cold water. I couldn't swim up or anything and couldn't think of anything else other than to try and hope that by some very rare and slim chance I would break the glass. But nothing.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)