CHAPTER 23: ARYA

It didn't take too long for us to come up with an idea in how to take Joshua down and to be honest, I had felt a little bit nervous deep down but I knew that I would be protected and knew that this was the only way to get him to be out of my life forever. 

I could tell by the look in Gunner's eyes that he was worried and cared for me dearly. He seemed to have changed his mind about me doing this but I believe it was mostly due to the fact that Ferris was just killed and didn't want to lose me neither. 

After finally convincing him once again that this was the only way to end all of this and for us to have a chance at a normal life, I had taken his car and began driving back into the city and had a wire that was taped to between the valley of my breasts to the middle of my bra so that the agents could hear me. 

They too were slowly and at a good distance, following behind me as I pulled up in front of the apartment complex and took in a deep breath then let it out while beginning to get out of the car then started casually making my way towards my apartment. 

Right before we decided to leave to come back here, some of the agents who stayed behind here close by to keep an eye on Joshua and his men to make sure to keep an eye on their every move, told us him and his men were lingering around still. 

I ignored the men that stood out near the entrance door to the complex in suits and who I knew were Joshua's men, although they all seemed to be new guys because none of them looked familiar, I could still tell by their look and stature. See, Joshua had a certain 'type' that he hired to have work for him. 

I didn't get too far though when I heard from behind me, Joshua's voice. The voice I had tried for a while now, putting in the back of my head and forgetting about, I was now sent chills up and down my spine. 

I turn around and face him, trying to hide my nervousness and ignoring Healey and Gunner saying anything in my ear piece. 

"Look at you." He says as he starts walking up towards me. 

"Joshua." I try to reply feeling surprised. "How did you find me?" I ask him. 

"Come on, I'm Joshua Hill. You know how good I am at finding people." He smirks. 

"Yeah." I reply with a nervous little laugh. 

"I have missed you." He begins. 

"Really? Why?" I ask. 

"Because, I miss us being together." He begins to say and walks even closer towards me until he gets real close in front of me that I can feel his breath on me then leans in more, closer to my lips then mumbles. "I miss fucking you until you were sore." He says. 

Those words disgusted me. There was no 'kinky' or playful meaning behind them. They were disturbing and disgusting but I knew that I had to play along.

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"Mhmm." He moans a little as he brushes his nose against my neck. 

"Well, I miss you too." I tell him hoping I sounded convincing enough. 

"Mmm, I knew you would." He smiles as he pulls his head back to look at me. "Then why did you leave me baby girl?" He asks. 

"Because, I was scared." I start confessing not thinking I would ever tell him the truth because I had feared of him losing his temper as he always did whenever I tried expressing to him how I felt about what he does for a living and whenever I would especially come close to mentioning the idea I wanted to leave him. 

"But you know I would never hurt you." He tells me. "I only want to shower you with kisses and give you anything and everything you ever would want." He says as he looks down at my lips again then back into my eyes. 

"I'm sorry." I start apologizing. 

"Mmm, maybe we should have talk over some lunch." He suggests. 

Now, of course I want to tell him no and hit him or tell the agents that it was time for them to come and get him but I needed still some more things for him to say and then they would. So I had no other choice but to convincingly play along. 

"I'm starving." I reply with a smile. 

"Good." He smiles. "There's a nice little place I had heard about that's not too far down the road here." He mentions. 

"Okay." I smiled then felt his hand touch my lower back as we walked side by side down towards one of the few cars that belonged to him and his men and after getting in, we started to take off. 

He sat in the backseat with me while he had one of his guys be the driver. While in the car, I have to admit that I had the pit of my stomach become very sensitive to the point that I felt like my gut was trying to tell me something along the lines of something bad happening. 

"You never should have involved the FBI baby girl." He says. 

Then right when I turn my head to look at him wondering how he knew about that, he placed a wet cloth over my mouth and nose while holding onto the back of my head and all I saw next was darkness. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)