CHAPTER 20: Gunner

Yesterday was interesting to say the least and never did I think that my Director would have gone for her idea in taking Joshua down and offering herself to be the bait.

When I woke up this morning, Ferris still was passed out drunk and I right away had noticed Arya wasn't here.

I rubbed my eyes to wake me up a little more, then stretched before getting up to look for her and hoped she hadn't gone to her apartment.

It didn't take me long however, to find out she was in my bedroom as I heard movement in there when walking towards the bathroom to check if that's where she was at.

I started to then begin thinking that maybe she had gotten up in the middle of the night to sleep in there instead of on the couch and tried to wake me up but I was too deep in my sleep, that she instead just went in there to sleep. After all, my bed IS more comfortable than this couch.

Then as I opened up the door, she had quickly closed my laptop and placed it back onto the night stand and looked at me as though she had been caught looking at porn or something.

"What are you doing baby?" I asked tiredly while walking over and sitting next to her then giving her a kiss good morning.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten on here without asking first." She immediately explains and apologizes.

"It's okay. I trust you." I assure her with a big smile. "I was just curious is all. You can be on there."

"Well, I actually was trying to see if I could access some information." She admits.

"Like what?" I asked.

"I honestly was hoping that I could possibly find out more about Joshua and the others you guys have been trying to take down for some time now. So in a way, I guess you could say that I was 'snooping' but I swear, it's only because of a dream I had last night, to be honest." She immediately tries to explain to me, as if she's in trouble or something.

"Arya I don't want you to worry about this though. I mean, today I know is technically when we're supposed to find out when Joshua actually arrives here and...." I began to try and remind her but we were interrupted after I heard my phone going off in my pocket. I look down after taking it out and noticed it was Healey so I put him right away on speaker.

"Hey." I answered. "You're on speaker by the way and Arya is here next to me." I tell him.

"Good." He replies while sounding a little upset and disappointed. "I unfortunately have found out about half an hour ago that Joshua was arriving today."

"What do you mean?" I asked while noticing that Arya seemed a little anxious and looked to start panicking as well.

"Well, it turns out that for the past week, he actually has had a couple of his men scope out the town and a few nights ago at a bar, one of her clients was intoxicated and had unknowingly told them about her and supposedly gave them her card." He finishes.

"Oh my god. It has my number and EMAIL on it. That means he easily could look me up and find me on one of those sites that helps you find people." She started to worry even more now.

"It's alright." I try to calm her down and comfort her by rubbing her back. "So what do we do now?" I asked him.

"Me and several of our guys are going to meet you at the place we normally meet up at before we do any assignments and go over the plan-of-action." He suggests.

"Okay. When?" I ask him.

"We'll be there in an hour. Both of you be there." He tells us.

"We'll be there." I reassure him.

We hang up and look over at Arya, who seems to be scared more than I have seen her before and the worst part to me right now was the fact that I didn't seem to be comforting her enough and began to feel helpless.

Then something seemed to have suddenly hit me and made me start thinking about how what my Director just told us was even possible. It seemed even too coincidental that randomly Joshua's guys ran into one of her clients. Something to me isn't adding up.

We sit here for several more minutes before deciding to hurry and get ready to meet him and the other agents in an hour when my phone goes of again and I notice it's Healey.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Don't ask me any questions but you and Arya need to leave right now and not tell ANYONE including your best friend where you are going." He says in a panicked tone.

"What are you...." I started to ask then suddenly my bedroom door was kicked in and as I hurried and tried putting Arya behind me to protect her, I was in utter shock at the sight I saw......Ferris?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Was going to originally leave it as a cliffhanger without the reveal however, I thought I would leave it off with you guys knowing who was standing there as a once again, thank you for your patience and love, support, votes and always the understanding for when I can't post. So I hope you enjoy this chapter and the one I posted before this one. Then for the next story, you will see two chapters for that one and the chapter for The Mafia King's Curvy Princess. :):) Enjoy!! :):)